Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Two explosions near Boston Marathon finish line > ongoing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    Does that mean that the never-ending "Get Well" card sentiments can be funneled into this thread to keep from bogging down the actual conversation?
    Where can I pick up the Paul Mann edition of How to Win Friends and Influence People?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Where can I pick up the Paul Mann edition of How to Win Friends and Influence People?
      Just study my posts.

They'll make you a God-damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.
      "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Sure there all dead is there something you need to let out Paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
          Just study my posts.

You bite the heads off your partners?
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III
            Does that mean that the never-ending "Get Well" card sentiments can be funneled into this thread to keep from bogging down the actual conversation?
            Oh, as if you don't care about "Get Well" sentiments, Cody...

We know you & others have been trying to make personal contact with our bud, Taylor Ahern!
            Originally posted by Paul Mann III
            Just study my posts.

Now stow the delusions & tell us if you've heard from Taylor, tough guy!

A great deal of us are specifically interested in such things well above the speculations & other theories now going on in PC.

Last edited by Admiral; 16 Apr 13, 12:04.
            On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• BTW, Paul Mann III, Captain General & Others, Thanx For Trying...

Taylor Ahern appears to have signed on!

Thanks, God!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Oh, as if you don't care about "Get Well" sentiments, Cody...

We know you & others have been trying to make personal contact with our bud, Taylor Ahern!

Now stow the delusions & tell us if you've heard from Taylor, tough guy!

A great deal of us are specifically interested in such things well above the speculations & other theories now going on in PC.

I made contact with Taylor. He's OK.
                "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Such a disgusting act of cowardice...Lets hope they catch the perps that did this!

Comment

• Possible bomb configuration:

BOSTON — The two bombs that ripped through the crowds at the Boston Marathon, killing three people and wounding more than 170, were fashioned out of pressure cookers and packed with shards of metal, nails and ball bearings, a person briefed on the investigation said Tuesday.

The details on the apparently crude but deadly explosives emerged as investigators appealed to the public for amateur video and photos that might yield clues, and the chief FBI agent in Boston vowed "we will go to the ends of the Earth" to find those responsible.
                    Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/04...#storylink=cpy
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• A very sad day. Condolences and a swift recovery for all those hurt.
                      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                      G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Originally posted by Legionnaire66 View Post
                        I was going to comment on this topic, in this thread, on several occasions yesterday. However, good sense, in essence, dictated to me that I should "sleep on it" before posting what would have been a wildly emotional appeal.

These barbarous incidents can only have their intended effect if we do not take the time to sit back and be rational. Terror, as a weapon, can only be truly effective if a civilized society-a society based upon law and order and the rights of man-abandon that reason and appeal to our darker, more emotional base. We cannot allow that to happen. NOT AGAIN. NOT EVER.

I see now that whoever or whatever decided to bloody Boston’s rite of Spring will have no more long term effect than those scared British soldiers firing blindly into the hostile crowd gathered at Boston Commons. We must not allow ourselves to slip passively back into the “red” alert, “orange” alert stage of a decade ago. We cannot allow our government nor any other organization to cast around with political capital based upon fear to exert our nation to perform acts and actions of which we cannot be proud to tell our grandchildren.

This isn’t just a day of sadness for the United States, but for the entire World. Terror will always be with us. How we respond to terror will determine if we stay the course and keep to our long-held principles or if we go the path of least resistance into the darkness.

Those who are responsible will be brought to face justice with full legal rights, as is the American way.

Everyone now simply needs to Keep Calm and Carry On.
                        Very well said, I was going to say something similar, but you said it better.

I will say, we will have to become like the Israelis and force ourselves to live our lives the way we want.
                        Last edited by lakechampainer; 16 Apr 13, 14:47.

Comment

• From Boston Globe: Dorchester Father mourns son; hopes wife and daughter will recover from injuries

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...JNN/story.html

Martin William Richard in recent family photo. The 8-yera-old Dorchester boy was killed in the Boston Marathon bombings.

excerpt
                          The father of Martin William Richard today said he is trying to both grieve the death of his 8-year-old son, who was killed at the Boston Marathon bombings, and help his wife and daughter recover from injuries they suffered during the terrorist attack on Monday.
                          “My dear son Martin has died from injuries sustained in the attack on Boston. My wife and daughter are both recovering from serious injuries,’’ Bill Richard said in a statement released this afternoon. “We thank our family and friends, those we know and those we have never met, for their thoughts and prayers. I ask that you continue to pray for my family as we remember Martin.’’
                          He added, “we also ask for your patience and for privacy as we work to simultaneously grieve and recover. Thank you.”

Comment

• Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington was identified today as one of the people killed in the blast. Martin Richard, 8, of Boston was also killed. A third person also died; that person’s name has not been released.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...2NJ/story.html

Krystle Campbell

Arlington Woman one of three killed in Marathon Bombing - Boston Herald (photo above from Herald story)
                            http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...rathon_bombing
                            Last edited by lakechampainer; 16 Apr 13, 14:56.

Comment

• After the bombings on London transport, CCTV footage was instrumental in identifying the bombers. I've heard American cities have far fewer CCTV cameras mounted in public places than Britain. Is that right? How about Boston?

Philip
                              "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
                                After the bombings on London transport, CCTV footage was instrumental in identifying the bombers. I've heard American cities have far fewer CCTV cameras mounted in public places than Britain. Is that right? How about Boston?

Philip
                                I don't know, but:

I believe that is true - there are not cameras that are controlled by the police, that are monitored by the police, etc. Of course, I'm sure there are exceptions, such as bridges, the state house, the airport, etc. but in general "in a city", I believe not. This case obviously is unique because it is on TV and people were taking pictures, making videos, etc. But often the police will take a look at private video tape, such as from businesses, etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X