Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Two explosions near Boston Marathon finish line > ongoing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have young nephews and nieces in Boston. To hear that an 8-year-old boy was killed in this atrocity is just awful. What an incomprehensible tragedy for his family.

So sorry.

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Boston Globe/Boston.com latest story

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...SDL/story.html

WBZ latest story, excerpt
      http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/1...n-finish-line/

Late Monday night, law enforcement officials from several agencies, including the Boston Police, were searching an apartment on Ocean Ave. in Revere, a suburb of Boston. It is not known if the search is connected to the explosions.

Police and federal officials exit an apartment complex in Revere with a possible connection to the earlier explosions during the Boston Marathon. (Photo by Darren McCollester/Getty Images)
      .................................................. ..................

Revere is a town right on the Ocean - has a famous beach - working class/lower middle class - On "Blue line" of MBTA/subway system.

Searching here tells me in my gut, this is more of a "Saudi National" story than a "home-grown terror" story
      Last edited by lakechampainer; 16 Apr 13, 03:31.

Comment

• Boston
        Condolences and Prayers to all in Boston….. & at the Marathon

“Attack with aggression, but always have a plan of retreat”

Comment

• Latest Revere News: from WBZ TV live broadcast per reporter,

"Person of Interest"

Two towers on Ocean Ave complex - young, many residents of different ethnicities. WBZ witnessed two young men being stopped in lobby of building - being required to hand over passports to go into building.

Police arrived at complex at 5 PM last night.

Search done under search warrant authority.

Things getting back to normal.

Edit: Police took "3 large bags from scene"
          Last edited by lakechampainer; 16 Apr 13, 04:05.

Comment

• Saudi National being questioned "had burns to his hands", was "being co-operative", "denies involvement" was tackled by a civilian

per WBZ Federal authorities left Revere scene with evidence around 2 AM

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Is it confirmed that there were two detonations?
              Yes two at the Marathon site . Then one in The JFK library . But the Boston PD said that may be the work of a fire . But only time will tell .

Comment

• I will pray for all in Boston. I hope they catch this ...Monster .

Comment

• Unfortunately, that's the kind of world we live in today. The higher profile a potential target is the more likely it is to get hit. Still waiting for someone to claim responsibility.
                  If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

• News reports here mention two more bombs failed to detonate or were disarmed, making four in total - can anyone confirm ?
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• I was going to comment on this topic, in this thread, on several occasions yesterday. However, good sense, in essence, dictated to me that I should "sleep on it" before posting what would have been a wildly emotional appeal.

These barbarous incidents can only have their intended effect if we do not take the time to sit back and be rational. Terror, as a weapon, can only be truly effective if a civilized society-a society based upon law and order and the rights of man-abandon that reason and appeal to our darker, more emotional base. We cannot allow that to happen. NOT AGAIN. NOT EVER.

I see now that whoever or whatever decided to bloody Boston’s rite of Spring will have no more long term effect than those scared British soldiers firing blindly into the hostile crowd gathered at Boston Commons. We must not allow ourselves to slip passively back into the “red” alert, “orange” alert stage of a decade ago. We cannot allow our government nor any other organization to cast around with political capital based upon fear to exert our nation to perform acts and actions of which we cannot be proud to tell our grandchildren.

This isn’t just a day of sadness for the United States, but for the entire World. Terror will always be with us. How we respond to terror will determine if we stay the course and keep to our long-held principles or if we go the path of least resistance into the darkness.

Those who are responsible will be brought to face justice with full legal rights, as is the American way.

Everyone now simply needs to Keep Calm and Carry On.

Comment

• Well said.

To the extent that people want to get into the investigation, methodology, possible motives, and potential suspects we've started a new thread in PC here - http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=135073

Normal rules (such as they are) apply.

I've seeded it with a few of the more cogent comments from this thread which we would like to keep open for support and news on family and friends.
                        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Runners Camera gives us a chilling view and sounds of what it was like when, I think, second bomb went off. NOTHING graphic, but very chilling stuff:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/219...oment-of-blast
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                            Well said.

To the extent that people want to get into the investigation, methodology, possible motives, and potential suspects we've started a new thread in PC here - http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=135073

Normal rules (such as they are) apply.

I've seeded it with a few of the more cogent comments from this thread which we would like to keep open for support and news on family and friends.
                            Does that mean that the never-ending "Get Well" card sentiments can be funneled into this thread to keep from bogging down the actual conversation?
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• RIP to the dead, and speedy recovery for the wounded.

Looks like a war zone in front of some of those stores, with blood and belongings all over the sidewalk. Particularly angry that a child was among the killed, and some of the images are very graphic.....would it not be forum decorum to attach a graphic warning?

On another note, having lived in NYC, and visited Boston before, and other large cities in the Eastern USA - these cities are virtual police states, with cameras everywhere. Surely they must have a pre-marathon image captured of the terrorist(s)?
                              You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                                Does that mean that the never-ending "Get Well" card sentiments can be funneled into this thread to keep from bogging down the actual conversation?
                                Something like that.
                                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X