Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate gunshows

It has become SO ridiculous...

Remember the 30-round banana clips of M-16s? Those silly little things are going for 50$ each now.
    The price for AR-15s and the like, which was high to start with, has doubled in the last month (guess why) and M-4 wanna-be things are going for 3-4 thousand.
    And that's not even the worst; one of those 100-round drums that doesn't work half the time, was going for 400$.

What a joke!
    And it only cost 5$ to walk in the door
    Found a grand total of one stripper-clip for a Mosin, with 5 rounds in it, the guy wanted 10$.

I think they are just cutting thier own throats, like the Bankers, the Unions, and just about anyone else who thinks they have it made these days.

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    It has become SO ridiculous...

Remember the 30-round banana clips of M-16s? Those silly little things are going for 50$ each now.
    The price for AR-15s and the like, which was high to start with, has doubled in the last month (guess why) and M-4 wanna-be things are going for 3-4 thousand.
    And that's not even the worst; one of those 100-round drums that doesn't work half the time, was going for 400$.

What a joke!
    And it only cost 5$ to walk in the door
    Found a grand total of one stripper-clip for a Mosin, with 5 rounds in it, the guy wanted 10$.

I think they are just cutting thier own throats, like the Bankers, the Unions, and just about anyone else who thinks they have it made these days.
    Combination of panic and exploitation. I feel your pain, haven't bothered to go to one in years.

Comment

You can thank the greatest guns and ammo sales people ever to be elected to office for the panic buying now taking place. President Obama and Senator Diane Feinstein.
      http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013
      http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

Locally, a gun and knife show this weekend. They are sure to sell out of ammo fast.
      http://www.gunshowmonster.com/gunsho...ch_Run-MI.html
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Exorcist. why did you even go?

I doubt any meaningful legislation will be passed..
        I am sure meaningless will... LOL
        Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

I usually only go to military collectible shows instead of straight up gun shows. Even then, the prices have trended toward stupidity the last few years. I think the last deal I got that was worth anything was a couple of boxes of 7.7 Arisaka rounds for $20. Got to say that gun shows are the reason I went ahead and got my Curio and Relic 03 FFl. Got tired of seeing 91/30s and such that the person paid $75 from an importer selling for $150.
          45B10 1986-91

Comment

Don't buy Chinese!!!! I once bought several 30 round 7.92 magazines and for the life of me can't get more than 29 rounds into it. Also bought a drum labeled as x100 only to discover that it was x80.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              Don't buy Chinese!!!! I once bought several 30 round 7.92 magazines and for the life of me can't get more than 29 rounds into it. Also bought a drum labeled as x100 only to discover that it was x80.
              No big deal. It's usually a good idea not to cram all 30 round into them anyhow. 28 is a better way to go. Easier on the lips, the mags last longer, and are more reliable. I never mess with the 100 rounders myself. To many eggs in one heavy, unreliable basket.

Comment

1 round of .45 APC costs 1.5$.
                1 round of 9mm 0.5$.
                A new glock, gen 3= 1,600$ ~

I win, lose, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by KICK View Post
                  Exorcist. why did you even go?
                  I help run the local armory. It was there and so was I, so...

And yeah, they were doing brisk business. People are so dumb.
                  And yes, the way Fineswine and Obama are talking, paranoia is the easy reaction.
                  Easy is never better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    I help run the local armory. It was there and so was I, so...

And yeah, they were doing brisk business. People are so dumb.
                    And yes, the way Fineswine and Obama are talking, paranoia is the easy reaction.
                    Easy is never better.

I think Fineswine owns stock in the gun business.
                    she has to .

the gun loving masses are nothing if not predictable.

this goldurn business cycle of arms buying since Zero has been president
                    must be gratifying to gun brokers.

beauty of it is once the furor dies down
                    and no law gets passed eliminating any of this stuff
                    the prices go back to being a bargain..
                    Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Since the advent of the internet and I rarely attended a gun show. Too pricey.

Comment

I go to guns shows every so often to watch the people, members of an arcane culture living hidden lives in America.

They're more fun to watch than the weirdos at WalMart.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I go to guns shows every so often to watch the people, members of an arcane culture living hidden lives in America.

They're more fun to watch than the weirdos at WalMart.
                          Yeah; cheap entertainment. My last "find" was an "original '97 Winchester" for only 1200 bucks. Nice lookin' gun--looked new--didn't know Norinco made "original" '97's so passed on it. Jeez; I could've decked that dude on the spot but reported his ass instead...still have fantasies about clocking him.
                          Skip

Comment

The last gun show I attended was back in the late '90s at the Niles, OH Eastwood Expo Center and while there came across a gun seller that also was selling copies of The Turner Diaries and other white power stuff. Then did some checking and found 4 other sellers offering the same garbage. To be fair this is a pretty big show so they were in the definite minority, but it still was a little unsettling seeing this stuff out in the open. And actually doing a brisk business. It is their right to sell that crap and it's also my right to boycott a place that allows that. Never went back.

However a friend of mine still goes every time it's there and has told me that the white power guys no longer show up to every show.

And MM is right, there are some strange people at these things.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by skiplc View Post
                              Yeah; cheap entertainment. My last "find" was an "original '97 Winchester" for only 1200 bucks. Nice lookin' gun--looked new--didn't know Norinco made "original" '97's so passed on it. Jeez; I could've decked that dude on the spot but reported his ass instead...still have fantasies about clocking him.

"caveat emptor"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X