Most military inept nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most military inept nation

I have stolen this topic from another website because i thought it would fit in quite well with all the armchair generals.
    I propose Zanzibar for its 45 minute war with britain in which it lost 500 people.
    And belgium which has not actually won a war, they ard taking over by stealth in the EU. Dr evil and austin powers were right, don't trust the Belgians.

What countries to you consider inept?

... .... .. -

You may be surprised by this, but I think

Britain

would be prime candidate,
    for getting worse after every war.

Actually your last sentences re my good friends the Belgians gave me this idea
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
      You may be surprised by this, but I think

Britain

would be prime candidate,
      for getting worse after every war.

Actually your last sentences re my good friends the Belgians gave me this idea
      THAT's the WAY stir the pot. Man is this going to turn into a circus.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

some countries do have a history of turning a costly defeat
        into a some kind of public relations type victory.

most inept.. probably need to break it down by time period and only include major participants

the Italians in WW2 were pretty poor.. the French didn't fare too well either..
        Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Well Britain and the Usa are getting into a bit of bother from some so called backward guys in a third world country.

... .... .. -

Comment

Originally posted by queensman View Post
            Well Britain and the Usa are getting into a bit of bother from some so called backward guys in a third world country.

... .... .. -

that is because those 2 countries forgot the lessons they learned about fighting that kind of war.. and both countries forgot the reason that you go to war..
            Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Nah i just think we went because we were obliged to.

... .... .. -

Comment

Belgium sounds like a legitimate candidate.

I'd submit Paraguay, not because they perform that bad in battle proper but because they are estimated to have lost 90% of their pre-war population in their great war, the Paraguayan War.
                Not as much inept in the battlefield sense, but as far as war management (political, strategical, common sense) goes they weren't great. Don't let the size diference fool you, Paraguay had an army on the size of the triple alliance when it hit the fan so it's not just about size. The problem seemed to be their optimism and dedication was quite out of touch with their possibilities and they went out of their way to get more people killed after it was clearly lost.
                This war is quite the case study, it just goes under the radar despite the fact by proportion to total population it was one of the bloodiest in history and in such a small nation, presumably because of historical anglo-centrism. I only gained interest in it after reading a brazillian novel taking place during this war. Wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by KICK View Post
                  that is because those 2 countries forgot the lessons they learned about fighting that kind of war.. and both countries forgot the reason that you go to war..
                  What he said. Then you go all out to win any war.

Comment

Nah i just think we went because we were obliged to.

... .... .. -
                    True, but your still there, as are many others. Humans remain stupid, we either cannot or well not learn from history.

Comment

I have stolen this topic from another website because i thought it would fit in quite well with all the armchair generals.
                      I propose Zanzibar for its 45 minute war with britain in which it lost 500 people.
                      And belgium which has not actually won a war, they ard taking over by stealth in the EU. Dr evil and austin powers were right, don't trust the Belgians.

What countries to you consider inept?

... .... .. -
                      Sounds like a legitimate history question to me. We should probably discuss this in Wars and Warfare.
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Italy in WWII as well as Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Italy in WWII as well as Japan.
                          Why them? Apart from the obvious.

... .... .. -

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                            Sounds like a legitimate history question to me. We should probably discuss this in Wars and Warfare.
                            I wanted to have a bit of humour on this too and watch the sparks fly

... .... .. -

Comment

Belgium was a member of the Allied nations during both World War 1 and World War 2.

Thats at least two wars they've won.
                              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X