I got a kick out of this headline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a kick out of this headline

Brownells, World's Largest Firearms Supplier, Sells 3.5 Years Worth Of AR-15 Magazines In 3 Days

somebody is getting a nice bonus for Xmas..

does anybody besides myself wonder if anti gunners secretly own large portions of these firearm accessory businesses and every tragedy is used as an excuse to profit by scaring the 2nd amendment dudes into a buying frenzy?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...tml?ref=topbar
    Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

I don't know, but gun sellers whoever they are surely jump in happiness everytime people start debating gun control. All the gun people start stocking up! I bet some dudes have enough ammo to shoot non stop for the rest of their lifetime, but they'll buy some more if Obama mentions being worried about gun violence.
    I'd bet the whole retail weapons industry votes for the Democrats

Comment

Some survivalist friends of mine would scare the BATF if they knew what was stashed away in a certain hard to find place.
      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

I had went into Walmart two days ago to buy some shotgun shells for my son and the gun department was stripped cleaner than the plywood section at a Home Depot before a hurricane.

for grins and giggles I did a web search see if I could find any magazines for my non assault SKS rifle, and every one of the places I checked was sold out..

I suspect somebody out there looks like a candidate for Weapons Hoarders TV show and will end up on Discovery Heath Channel someday, complete with Psychiatrist and fed up family members.. LOL
        Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

I resent the implication that gun owners/enthuthiasts hope that a tragedy comes along so they can make some bucks.

I've gone to several gun stores this week and found one 20 round magazine for my Ruger mini-14.

If you want to place the shortage on people blame it on the politicians who want to do away with one of the Bill of Right amendments.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

resent all you want because you do have free will..
            then take a reading comprehension course and see what part of
            the following statement

"does anybody besides myself wonder if anti gunners secretly own large portions of these firearm accessory businesses"

and explain how this statement applies to gun enthusiasts???

Comment

This is not a new phenomenon by any stretch.
              Back in the early 1960's I started trading in guns just as a sideline to the auto body repair shop that I owned.
              In what seemed a very short time (probably less than 2 years) I had accumulated a little over 100 guns.
              Well, Uncle Sam came up with this idea of sending delinquent inner city kids (mostly gang members, really) to abandoned army bases.
              Anyway, I got a call from a guy, a couple of hundred miles away, who owned a gun store near one of these bases. Dont know how he heard about me.
              He said "I hear you have some guns to sell and if you'll bring them to my store I'll take some of them off your hands".
              My wife and I put 80 guns in the trunk of her car and drove to his store.
              Now, I was thinking He'd pick and choose and maybe buy about 20 or so.
              We got there and he told me to back up to the back door of his building.
              He came out with a clipboard and as we took the guns out, one at a time, he'd say "How much?" and write it down.
              He bought every gun I had...no bickering about price.
              When we were finished unloading he took us in his office, opened the safe, and ( I dont remember the exact figure) counted me out over $20,000 in CASH!!!
              He said "If you have any more I'll take'm because these will be gone in a week!"
              People were scared to death with all those "BAD" kids being moved in there and they were buying any gun they could get there hands on.
              My point being....it doesnt take much to create a run on guns and ammo....and these kind of things have been around for a long time!!!

John
              The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
              It's truly a simple concept.
              Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

gun stuff can lay around for a hundred years or more and still function and none of it coming off the street any time soon.

any change to availability laws is symbolic and less than useless
                but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
                  I resent the implication that gun owners/enthuthiasts hope that a tragedy comes along so they can make some bucks.
                  Nobody said that, we said gun sellers. The business, the comercial lobby.
                  I don't see how owners and enthusiasts would make a single dime from it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X