Britain's Grand Lady No More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain's Grand Lady No More

It was announced today by a Dubai World investment firm that the R.M.S. Queen Elizabeth 2 has been sold for $20 million pounds to an undisclosed firm and will be scrapped in China. I feel heartsick she won't be able to be preserved like she so deserves. Farewell, grand lady...and thank you for the memories.
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

What a shame! Some idiots wanted to tear down a Wright built house and replace it with one of their own monstrosities, thank goodness someone answered the outcry. Where was the outcry here?
    In Vino Veritas

Comment

*Breathes a sigh of relief* Soon after this was published, Cunard released this statement:

We have noted the messages of understandable concern with regards to the recent article in the Daily Mail with reference to QE2. We remain in close contact with Dubai and can reassure you that to the very best of our knowledge this story is pure speculation - one of a number of stories and rumours as we have seen over recent months. Our best advice would be to ignore the story.

Best regards,
      Cunard Line.
      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Thank the stars, she deserves to be preserved for future generations.

Comment

She hasn't been British for a few years. Was supposed to be turned into a floating hotel by a company in Dubai over the next year or two.

Comment

Britain could not afford to keep her after her carrier so she was sold. That is business.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
              It was announced today by a Dubai World investment firm that the R.M.S. Queen Elizabeth 2 has been sold for $20 million pounds to an undisclosed firm and will be scrapped in China. I feel heartsick she won't be able to be preserved like she so deserves. Farewell, grand lady...and thank you for the memories.
              Matt, what memories. It's a ship after all. In so many of your post you want to turn every old ship into a museum. Where is the dough coming from?
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Hi

For a great maritime nation we have a rather low emotional attachment to many of the famous vessels this nation has built.

Though its loss to a scrappy will be sad, do we really want to be saddled with its upkeep and no doubt it would soon fall out of fashion, and gradually fall into disrepair.

Regards
                "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Though its loss to a scrappy will be sad, do we really want to be saddled with its upkeep and no doubt it would soon fall out of fashion, and gradually fall into disrepair.
                  My point exactly.

The new Queen will be the new improved Grand British lady.

Comment

You British will always have the famed Titanic anyways.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X