When viewing ACG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When viewing ACG

When reading ACG I notice I make the same moves, more or less with the information I access, to see what's going on, whose sent me a message and so on (see image) - does anyone else follow a similar check list or am I being particularly OCD about thinking about it, telling you about it, and actually doing it? It annoys me because it gets repetitive, should I be more of a free spirit and close my eyes, randomly mashing the mouse/keyboard until it takes me to a new thread (that is how I write my posts and I don't get more than a dozen regular complaints)

Merry Christmas all

(I've blanked out the identifying parts of the poster in the example image for their own safety)
    Attached Files
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

If I have a message, I read that first.

Then User CP to check on any positive negative reps and comments.

Then, if I'm actively involved in an ongoing discussion, I check that.

Then to New Posts to check recent contributions. Usually, I'll go back to the point where I last left off.

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Although my path is a fair bit more complex due to duties, but that seems to be a general course for many. One that you might add that I often look into is the 'Who's Online' linkie found under the Quick Links tab. It has been awhile, but I believe general members can see what other friends & fellow members are looking into & maybe check out things found of interest to others by following the link to what they are into. As well as simply checking into their homepage for a note or other things of interest found in many. It is, to me, another good way of getting to know other members a bit more than only such interaction that occurs in posting.

Just me tinkin, mate!

Cheers!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        If I have a message, I read that first.

Then User CP to check on any positive negative reps and comments.

Then, if I'm actively involved in an ongoing discussion, I check that.

Then to New Posts to check recent contributions. Usually, I'll go back to the point where I last left off.

Philip
        I do the exact same. Minus the New Posts. I just don't spend that kind of time on here anymore.
        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I have everything set up for easy access. I open messages in new tabs from the CP reloading it occasionally. The tab next to ACG is my email and I use that to check for new messages. I use the 'Today's Posts' from the Quick Links menu to look for posts that I'm interested in.
          The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

If I have messages I go there first, otherwise I go to the last thread that interested me to look for fresh replies.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              If I have messages I go there first, otherwise I go to the last thread that interested me to look for fresh replies.
              Thats a shock.. for some Frigging reason you never see mine.......

Comment

This might make it worse. Have you turned on auto-subscribe? It allows you to subscribe to any thread automatically if you post in it, and any subsequent posts are shown in your User CP. That's why I'm usually so quick with the replies on any thread I've posted in. Other than that, I usually follow your routine. I like The New Posts route after I've exhausted the others, because it makes it easier to look at the thread titles without seeing what forum they're in. I look at it as sort of a a grab bag of posts, and it's how I end up in threads that otherwise I never ever would have found.
                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                  Thats a shock.. for some Frigging reason you never see mine.......
                  When you post something interesting I'll read it.

Rimshot

You know, Jeff, if we keep up this Abbot & Costello routine people will start to think that we're a pair of twelve year olds.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

1. Messages private or visitor, if any.

2. User CP for new subscribed posts and subforums.

3. New Posts, browsing on topic and only click to open when the topic interests me.
                    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Messages -> User CP.

I usually looked at the subscribed threads, then usually freeball looking in the barracks, or at all of the most recent updated thread, Today is the first day in a while i clicked new posts, and i am enjoying the great variety.
                      God didn’t create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Yup I have the routine aswell. Messages, rep, sometimes I check my own "previous posts" to see if I want to continue some discussion from last time or see replies.
                        After that it varies where I go first, but usually I go though the main page to see if any of the names form the last active threads catches my atention. Otherwise it varies but if I had to guessbThen I'd say barracks and film & television, warfare through the ages and WWII, and politics central.

Comment

Barracks>New Posts>CP>(oops! is that a new message notification?)>Barracks Humor>Politics Central to see what the right-wingers are crying about now>back to Barracks Humor to mind-set for replying to Politics Central>etc. ...repeat as needed...
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X