Where We Will Be 12/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where We Will Be 12/22

So many believe The Mayans were right. Well this fella says el-wrongo.
    On December 22nd. I will be right here. Or freezing my buns off. It is supposed to turn cold. Either way, I plan on being right here-on earth. Enjoying my new home, my family, and probably freezing my buns off looking for a damn SUV.

Who's with me? It ain't gonna happen. I'll be the voice of 'NAH.'
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little concerned about Solar storms - also called sunspots. In previous times of maximum Solar activity there has been serious devastation on Earth. The last time it happened was in the late 19th century so the only real damage it did was to take out lots of telegraph wires. If a Solar storm of that magnitude hit these days it would take out power lines, satellites etc. While the damage would not be irreparable it would mean a lower standard of living for a lot of people for some time.

The good news is that the Earth is protected for some of the time by Jupiter's magnetosphere. Article on Wikipedia.org explains about the effect it has on the Solar system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetosphere_of_Jupiter In order for Earth to be protected, Jupiter has to be relatively close to Earth.

Looking at the current positions of the planets on the fourmilab.ch website http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar/action?sys=-Sf you can see Earth (in blue) and Jupiter (in brown) are relatively close.

The danger period (of high Solar activity) extends into 2013. You can change the date on the fourmilab.ch website to see the movement of the planets.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
      On December 22nd. I will be right here. Or freezing my buns off. It is supposed to turn cold. Either way, I plan on being right here-on earth. Enjoying my new home, my family, and probably freezing my buns off looking for a damn SUV.

You know what they call people who don't have zombie plans...
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post

Can I join the Nah club?
        "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

My mother's holiday from work begins on the 21st. Quetzacotle and Tatopec better be prepared for a shitstorm if they decide to end the world on the first day she's had off since Summer.
            ------
            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Meh! The 21st is our anniversary. If this ridiculous drivel comes to pass the Child Bride will think I arranged it because I forgot to buy her a gift!

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Well I live in hope but I suspect we'll all still be here!
                Signing out.

Comment

Another Skynet has just been launched.

Comment

Buying the 14th b'ak'tun Mayan calendar for the next 144,000 days, or the next 394 1/2 years.
                    The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

What the hell was the preceding?
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

The 22nd is my step-father's birthday, his 67th. I guess I'll finish up my Christmas shopping during the day, and get together to celebrate in the evening.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

At 62... with what has gone on in my life............who cares.......BRING IT.......

Comment

Ya'all is welcome to join the 'NAH' club. Yeah, I am prepared for Zombies, bring em' on.
                            I'll still be here, still listening to Dio. Still banging my head. And I have plenty of batteries.
                            Solar storms are like sunspots, they come and go. I can deal with them most of the time, and when you don't own a cell? Don't bother me.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                              Buying the 14th b'ak'tun Mayan calendar for the next 144,000 days, or the next 394 1/2 years.

One wonders how the Mayans could possibly find enough swimsuit models to fill the next calendar edition.
                              Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
                              And sorry I could not travel both
                              And be one traveler, long I stood
                              Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
                              I took the one less traveled by,
                              And that has made all the difference.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X