Today I Learned -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I Learned -

Thought i should start this up here in ACG. I go to reddit every now and then, and one of their sections is called TIL - Today i learned. the premise is simple if you learn or see a new interesting fact link it to the thread.

Try to refrain from political motivators, or personal insults - IE - Today I Learned <insert political group here> now oppose the <insert political document> , or TIL <insert member's name here> is a <insert derogatory term here>.

I'll start with a favorite from today

Today I learned, in 1957 scientists learned that beer can survive a nuclear holocaust!

http://www.businessinsider.com/beer-...ic-bomb-2012-9

Every fallout shelter should now remember to include the beer right beside the twinkies!
    God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Today I learned-
    Inflatable Christmas decorations will fly like Mary Poppins in 50+ mph winds.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Today, I learned:

What a banana clip is and why it is bent.

That Connecticut is not spelled Conneticut.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."ó Bertrand Russell

Comment

Reminds me also of the 'Blue Collar Comedy' guys' segment on their show-'I Believe!!'
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Today I learned what true pedantry is like.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

today I learned a smile can say more than a thousand words

Comment

Today I learned that high school freshmen can be other than self-centered...
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Today I learned when planning to murder President James A. Garfield, Charles Guiteau chose an ivory handled revolver because he wanted it to look nice when they put it up for display in a museum, after he used it.
                God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Today I learned that the OGPU did not deliberately target Sidney Reilly in 1925...

Comment

Today I learned I am allergic to erthomycin. Sadly after taking it. I am now a walking itch.
                    "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Today I learned that some people are more interested in objects than they are in human life.
                      Last edited by Half Pint John; 20 Dec 12, 16:28.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Today I learned that some people that I have respected have nothing to respect.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Today I relearned how important friends can be.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Today I learned that even the high esteemed experts on a subject can be totally wrong.
                            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Today I learned a bit more about descriptive statistics (against my will).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X