Where Jesus is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Jesus is.....

Note-I'm not here to start a theological debate. These are just thoughts I felt like penning in light of the recent tragedy. If you have no desire to hear them I only quietly and respectfully request you move along. If you think they will bring you comfort, read on.

Where is Jesus in dark times like these?
    I cry out these words all too often, as do all who fall on doubt. And here is what I believe. As a limitless being he can be so many places at once.
    The little children who died he now comforts, his precious lambs who will never hurt or fear anymore. He now shelters them, all pain forgotten, and for them it will only be a blink of the eye before Mommy and Daddy come home.
    And to their tormentor he is now the righteous avenger. For he hates most those who harm the weak and the small. And his glory and righteous rage is the last thing that man will see before an eternity of fire and pain.
    Amen
    And where is he in this world?
    Brothers and sisters, he is in us. He taught us and sent us into the world. We are his hands and feet.
    Right now creation weeps. And people will ask where is God? Where is Jesus?
    In every smile, every hug, and every shoulder to cry on. In every act of kindness.
    Brothers and sisters, let no one seek and fail to find.
    If someone needs Jesus, he's right there in you, spiritually bound by grace.
    Make sure they find Him.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Why did God let this happen?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
      Note-I'm not here to start a theological debate. These are just thoughts I felt like penning in light of the recent tragedy. If you have no desire to hear them I only quietly and respectfully request you move along. If you think they will bring you comfort, read on.

Where is Jesus in dark times like these?
      I cry out these words all too often, as do all who fall on doubt. And here is what I believe. As a limitless being he can be so many places at once.
      The little children who died he now comforts, his precious lambs who will never hurt or fear anymore. He now shelters them, all pain forgotten, and for them it will only be a blink of the eye before Mommy and Daddy come home.
      And to their tormentor he is now the righteous avenger. For he hates most those who harm the weak and the small. And his glory and righteous rage is the last thing that man will see before an eternity of fire and pain.
      Amen
      And where is he in this world?
      Brothers and sisters, he is in us. He taught us and sent us into the world. We are his hands and feet.
      Right now creation weeps. And people will ask where is God? Where is Jesus?
      In every smile, every hug, and every shoulder to cry on. In every act of kindness.
      Brothers and sisters, let no one seek and fail to find.
      If someone needs Jesus, he's right there in you, spiritually bound by grace.
      Make sure they find Him.
      Dark times like these .

If you can post on this forum, you are certainly better off than most of the world, probably in the top 5%.

People complain about the present. Much better now than any time in the past I know of for at least 99% of people.
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

For people who believe like you do, PS, it would seem like tragedies like these are not really that bad since a beautiful reunion in Heaven beckons both those killed and those bereaved.

It would be great to believe that. Reminds me of what I posted a while back:

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        .....the 9/11 memorial service where Rev. Billy Graham said, "The people who died on that day are in Heaven now. And, if they could come back...........they wouldn't want to!"

It would be great to believe that. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other reason to believe it other than it would be great to believe it.

Philip
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          John the only answer I can give you is the truth. I don't know. I could give you academic theories and my own random musings but the bottom no bs line is I don't know.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
            For people who believe like you do, PS, it would seem like tragedies like these are not really that bad since a beautiful reunion in Heaven beckons both those killed and those bereaved.

It would be great to believe that. Reminds me of what I posted a while back:
            I wouldn't say that. Even the staunchest of believers feel pain.

When I had food poisoning, I knew I would feel better in just a few hours.

Those few hours still sucked.

Comment

Because God gave man free will to either do good or evil during his time on earth.
              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                I wouldn't say that. Even the staunchest of believers feel pain.

When I had food poisoning, I knew I would feel better in just a few hours.

Those few hours still sucked.
                Good point.

Philip
                "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Is not the God of the Bible somehow complicit in this?

Compare Translations for Matthew 10:29

Matthew 10:29 NIV New International Version
                  Are not two sparrows sold for a penny ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.

Matthew 10:29 CJB Complete Jewish Bible
                  Aren't sparrows sold for next to nothing, two for an assarion? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's consent.

Matthew 10:29 GW GOD'S WORD Translation
                  "Aren't two sparrows sold for a penny? Not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's permission.

Matthew 10:29 GNT Good News Translation
                  For only a penny you can buy two sparrows, yet not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Father's consent.

Hebrew Names Version
                  "Aren't two sparrows sold for an assarion? Not one of them falls on the ground apart from your Father's will,
                  Last edited by PhilipLaos; 14 Dec 12, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                    Dark times like these .

If you can post on this forum, you are certainly better off than most of the world, probably in the top 5%.

People complain about the present. Much better now than any time in the past I know of for at least 99% of people.
                    Yes, dark times! Being a white middle class suburban dweller does not make having a room full of children shot suck less!

I go after whiners who consider buying from the dollar store a hardship all the time. But cripes these people lost their kids!

Comment

Since this is at least a somewhat religious thread, I'd like to post a prayer if I may for the victims and families of the tragedy today in Connecticut.

Gracious and loving God,
                      You watch the ways of all of us
                      and the utter destruction of which our hands are capable.
                      We implore you to weave goodness and grace
                      in the lives of those destroyed by senseless violence.
                      Surround those whose lives are shattered
                      with a sense of your present love.
                      Wrap them in the worn quilt of your compassion.
                      Though they are lost in grief,
                      May they find you and be comforted.
                      In the Name of Jesus Christ
                      Amen.

- – - A Prayer by Kimberly Knight, based loosely on a prayer in the UCC Book of Worship

This one I felt I wanted to give:

Dios, Señor de los Cielos y la Tierra,
                      nos dirigimos a Usted ahora roto y desesperado.
                      Nos vienen a Usted con tristeza y luto por aquellos que se han tomado de nosotros,
                      y los que oramos será recibido por su eterno amor y tierno cuidado.
                      Vivimos en un mundo plagado de pecado, constantemente asediada por las fuerzas del mal,
                      y con demasiada frecuencia el precio de nuestra crueldad es demasiado terrible de soportar.
                      Señor, por favor, consolar y fortalecer a aquellos que han sufrido las pérdidas finales y los acercan a usted en este tiempo turbulento.
                      Guíanos y nos ayude a ayudar a los ahora tan desperatley sin esperanza,
                      mostrarles la gloria de su amor y misericordia contigo.
                      Para las almas de los que se han tomado en esta masacre,
                      Les conceda la paz eterna y la esperanza en su infinita caridad.

En el nombre de nuestro Señor y Salvador Cristo Jesús
                      Amen.
                      Last edited by Wellington95; 14 Dec 12, 19:23.
                      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Where is Jesus? He is always there when you need him as long as you seek his comfort. I have turned my back to him way too often and felt very lonely, yet when I really need him he is always there. The families of the children and teachers are going through unthinkable grief right now and I am sure they are asking how God could let this happen to their loved ones, but God did not cause this tragedy but through the free will of man these incidents do occur. God never promised that bad things will not happen to believers. Comfort will come to those who will ask.

Comment

I am struggling with that too my friend.

This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am not able to tell the entire poem. But for one of my great-uncles, I wrote a poem called 'Flower of the Forest.' It is sort of a young person's way of saying goodbye, through a young person's eyes.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

tragic events prove that God doesn't interfere in the affairs of men..
                              Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X