Hangover Cures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover Cures

It's coming up to the time of year when many people will indulge in alcohol of one kind or another so how do you cope with or prevent hangovers ? My preferred method when I used to already have a hangover was to eat a Mars bar ; that usually worked within half an hour for me. Now I don't suffer hangovers - mostly because I don't drink as much as I used to but also because of preparation before drinking. It's important to have something to eat but it's better to have starchy alkaline foods - bread, potatoes, rice. Another good thing to have is dairy food - milk or cheese ; a cheesy pizza could be a good way to combine dairy and starch. Another important thing to do before going to sleep is drink at least a pint of water and take a multivitamin B capsule / tablet ; a good way to combine them is to take a Berocca if it's available in your country.

What hangover cures have you tried ? Were they any good ?
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Strong tea on the morning after for me. And the good sleep, of course. If you wake up at 6 pm you can continue in the preceding vein. Tested & verifyed

PS Potato is one the best alcohol sorbents - don't consume it to a large extent, otherwise you'll never feel inebriation at all.
    PPS Do anything your soul desires
    "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

Ingesting ginseng before your drinking binge will prevent bad hangovers.

Ginseng
      Popular in Eastern medicine -- where it’s used for a myriad of conditions including improving energy levels, boosting memory and helping the immune system -- ginseng may relieve the lethargic feeling that accompanies many hangovers. Taken before the party, ginseng can help your body speed up the processing of alcohol. If you take it the next day, ginseng can ease that tired feeling by giving you more energy.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

The most important thing to do is to drink lots of water while getting pissed. Dehydration is what must be avoided!
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          Ingesting ginseng before your drinking binge will prevent bad hangovers.
          It's good but not for people with hypertension (high blood pressure) as it increases blood pressure.
          The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

I have heard eating bread before drinking prevents hangovers. Bitters after drinking also helps.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
              The most important thing to do is to drink lots of water while getting pissed. Dehydration is what must be avoided!
              Dear Gixxer! It's not cholera. Just a party. Of course, one can follow your rule and drink as much water as one wants (unless (or including - depends on personal preferences) the drinker is about to fling up). More important, IMHO, is the quality of the drinks that are consumed. And, [IMHO again], alcohol is more aggressive against empty stomach rather than against one filled with food.

Comment

the only cure for a hangover that I ever found to work was to just start drinking again as soon as you woke up...........
                this cure however is NOT for wimps.........

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                  the only cure for a hangover that I ever found to work was to just start drinking again as soon as you woke up...........

Sure as hell isn't... but it's worked for me for the best part of thirty years!!!

The long toll of the brave
                  Is not lost in darkness
                  Over the fruitful earth
                  And athwart the seas
                  Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                  Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
                    Sure as hell isn't... but it's worked for me for the best part of thirty years!!!

Like I always say. "If you're in need of an answer to a question, it's always best to consult an experienced journeyman professional who has many years of hands-on experience.".
                    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

That's not a cure.

Comment

Drink lots of water while drinking.

The next morning, eat chocolate (no nuts or anything in it) and drink lots of water.

No ibuprophen if you have a headache! Use real aspirin only! Taking ibuprophen will cause you to vomit!

27 years in the USN and lots of time with the sorts that get hammered has taught me.

Hiccups: A slice of lime with grenadine! Works every time perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Drink lots of water while drinking.

The next morning, eat chocolate (no nuts or anything in it) and drink lots of water.

No ibuprophen if you have a headache! Use real aspirin only! Taking ibuprophen will cause you to vomit!

27 years in the USN and lots of time with the sorts that get hammered has taught me.

Hiccups: A slice of lime with grenadine! Works every time perfectly!
                          Oh no! water dilutes alcohol!
                          Agree about ibuprofen. All anti-inflammatory drugs depress prostaglandin production, hence might induce stomach ulcer (careful with alco uptake!).
                          Lime, grenadine - everything that has positive osmosis works. But (subjectively, of course) strong tea is better
                          Feel free to get drunk but never forget your home address, people! Have a nice weekend

Comment

Eat before drinking, the greasier the better. Drink lots of water.

Cures/prevents about 90% of all hangovers. I have found no cure for the remaining 10%.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Chug 3-pints of water after drinking right before you go to sleep.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X