X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... 6 million pounds of explosives found

Can you say, "OOPS!"?

'True Blood' town evacuated after 6 million pounds of explosives found

About half of the approximately 800 residents of Doyline, where scenes from HBO's popular "True Blood" series have been filmed, were evacuated Friday after authorities discovered around 1 million pounds of explosive powder stored by Explo Systems Inc. at Camp Minden, a former army ammunition plant.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

That's where I left it!
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

How do people forget about something like that?!?!

Comment

Its happened in the UK before as well, admittedly not that big but the RAF did use a live Tall Boy as a Gate Guardian for quite a few years.

Our record for careless handling of chemical weapons is not to be sneezed at either.
        "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

That said, what is to be done with it?
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

La. town evacuates; police relocate explosives

They are going to break it up into much smaller lots and get it into the proper protected storage conditions. Morons

DOYLINE, La. (AP) Weather could complicate the transfer of roughly 6 million pounds of explosives that were haphazardly stored at an industrial site in northwestern Louisiana and led to the evacuation of a small town, a state police spokeswoman said Monday.
            If lightning is spotted within five miles of the site, authorities will suspend efforts that began on Saturday to move the artillery propellant, Lt. Julie Lewis said.
            http://news.yahoo.com/la-town-evacua...052337453.html

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post

Was it one million or six million? You seem to be missing five million pounds of explosive.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Has anyone counted our nukes lately?

Philip
                "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                  That said, what is to be done with it?
                  Move it to the town where, 'Twilight,' is made and detonate it.
                  Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Put it under Honey Boo-Boo's trailer park and set the summabeech off ASAP! This is a golden opportunity we should not pass up! Might serve as an object lesson for a few other morons as well!

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

^ Will you settle for 25 lbs under each and every reality show?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Was it one million or six million? You seem to be missing five million pounds of explosive.
                        Yeah, I'm assuming that sloppy bookkeeping is one the things that got them in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                          Yeah, I'm assuming that sloppy bookkeeping is one the things that got them in trouble.
                          It was 1960. Imagine what they'd misplace today.
                          Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                          Hyperwar, Whats New
                          World War II Resources
                          The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

According to poor math brain 6 million pounds equals 300 tons which is only about a third of a kiloton. Not very big when compared to a nuclear weapon. At least that's what I'd start off with if I were the defense attorney.
                            "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
                              According to poor math brain 6 million pounds equals 300 tons which is only about a third of a kiloton. Not very big when compared to a nuclear weapon. At least that's what I'd start off with if I were the defense attorney.
                              That would work, too -- if you were working for the prosecution.

Rimshot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X