Dad Sends Hate Mail To Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad Sends Hate Mail To Kids

Of course none of his kids failures (if you can call them that) was his fault.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/e...ds-214519.html
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

If you think I have been unfair in what I have said, by all means try to persuade me to change my mind. But you won't do it by simply whingeing and saying you don't like it.

You'll have to come up with meaty reasons to demolish my points and build a case for yourself. If that isn't possible, or you simply can't be bothered, then I rest my case.
    Seems more than reasonable.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I got a letter like that from my Mam once.

She didn't seem to understand that choosing the lifestyle of a drug-addled urban hippie was a valid career choice in the 60s.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        I got a letter like that from my Mam once.

She didn't seem to understand that choosing the lifestyle of a drug-addled urban hippie was a valid career choice in the 60s.

Philip
        Perhaps as an English lesson, you might deconstruct his letter and provide suggestions and corrections.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I read the full email in the Telegraph, seemed to me he was doing it right. Wouldn't call it hate-mail, he was taking a stand to correct wrongs as he saw them, even if he was responsible, as a parent, for many of them, it'd be a greater wrong to do nothing.
          ------
          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

He makes a lot of seemingly valid criticism but he says a lot of things a parent shouldn't say.
            Complaining he doesn't have anything to brag about to his neighbors of their success, and saying the only reason he even cares anymore is the grandchildern. I'm sorry, but any rude wakeup call a parent gives his sons should be for their own good, not a a personal complaint because he himself isn't satisfied and bothered by it... And saying he no longer cares about them is out of place aswell specially as they haven't commited any crime.
            Plus, it does make it seem as he was silent all these years and suddenly blitzed them with this mail.

Parenting isn't fair and always rewarding but it never worked like that anyways and he knows it.

Comment

All depends on the facts -

How does this:

Which of you, with or without a spouse, can support your families, finance your home and provide a pension for your old age?
              Rhyme with this ?

Each of you is well able to earn a comfortable living and provide for your children, yet each of you has contrived to avoid even moderate achievement.
              If they're all earning a comfortable living and provide for their children, what exactly is the problem here ?
              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

In the first sentence he says they haven't achieved this, in the second he says they're able to do so but have failed to do so. I don't think they're mutually exclusive
                ------
                'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                  In the first sentence he says they haven't achieved this, in the second he says they're able to do so but have failed to do so. I don't think they're mutually exclusive
                  Correct translation imo also.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

How did this go public? One of the children I suspect.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

"...you're dead to me..."

I'm with you, John, on that point. Why indeed did this get printed in the media? I'm sure that dad wouldn't want the underachievements of his offspring publicised for all the world to see. Perhaps, though, on the other hand that's exactly what he wanted...a public humiliation of his seemingly eneffectual offspring in an attempt to shame them into making something of themselves.
                      At any rate, I feel that Da has expressed himself adequately, morally and correctly. I say, disown the blaggards, include only the grandkids in the inheritance and enjoy the empty nest.
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                        Yes, that is the correct context. The father was consistent. I have no qualm with what he did, except as an earlier poster stated, criticism should have been directed only at those in error. How the actions of adult children reflect on a parent I have no idea, nor should the grandchildren have been included.

Regards,
                        Dennis
                        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Ah yes - well able to but *not* actually doing so - I get it now.

Well seems he's quite right then

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                          (...) How the actions of adult children reflect on a parent I have no idea, nor should the grandchildren have been included.
                          Agree on the first part, the grandchildren however seem to be the hart of the issue, presumable he feels they suffer for their parents lifestyle.
                          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

If the children are adults but not independent or what have you, perhaps they're leeching off him or some such, then I can see why he's annoyed.
                            ------

Comment

Dear Josef,

I thought you were going to finish the seminary. Now I hear you have invaded Eastern Europe. Very disappointed.

Mother Dzugashvilli

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X