X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Jong-Un Named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive For 2012

looks like the fearless leader can now add sexy to his resume

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim...ive-for,30379/
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...m-jong-un.html

The website of China's Communist Party newspaper, the People's Daily, has put up a 55-photo gallery of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in celebration of an American newspaper naming him the 2012 "sexiest man alive."

Comment

I expect the declaration of War to come shortly.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
        looks like the fearless leader can now add sexy to his resume

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim...ive-for,30379/
        It's about time his scrumtiousness was recognized.

Comment

I think I laughed 10 times harder at this version than any other version, or the original!
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

At some point in time the chinese will realize The Onion is a comedy, parody news website. This is like the 5th time they use their headlines as official news.

Comment

Originally posted by Castro View Post
              At some point in time the chinese will realize The Onion is a comedy, parody news website. This is like the 5th time they use their headlines as official news.
              Well at least we know their OSINT is shite. It makes counter-espionage and other intelligence activities a bit easier - unless it's a cunning plan to appear stupid that is.
              ------
              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                Well at least we know their OSINT is shite. It makes counter-espionage and other intelligence activities a bit easier - unless it's a cunning plan to appear stupid that is.
                Good point(s)! Indeed, they could be faking ignorance. I mean-who doesn't know The Onion is meant to be fake and satirical? It'd be like citing Tropic Thunder as a serious war movie.
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

******MIT..............I am sick and tired of finishing runner up to this guy..!!!!!

...I am going to turn Tasmania into a communist dictatorial kleptocracy......that you get me over the line next year...wait and see..!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Galland View Post
                    ******MIT..............I am sick and tired of finishing runner up to this guy..!!!!!

...I am going to turn Tasmania into a communist dictatorial kleptocracy......that you get me over the line next year...wait and see..!!!!
                    Alright, if you get Tasmania, I get...the British Channel Islands.

Oh and you also finished second to Bashar Al-Asad, last year-sorry man.

--Hávamál

Comment

Perhaps the editor of this communist newspaper has a sense of humour or more likely he is now looking at the walls of his jail cell.
                      War is less costly than servitude

Comment

I would prefer if they continued making these mistakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                          Good point(s)! Indeed, they could be faking ignorance. I mean-who doesn't know The Onion is meant to be fake and satirical? It'd be like citing Tropic Thunder as a serious war movie.
                          If one doesn't know the Onion is fake or satirical, it doesn't take a genius or one of good taste to question the "award"... geeze, I even read in the newspaper how the board (newspaper board? selection board?) "swooned"! crazy!
                          "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by Kendrick View Post
                            Perhaps the editor of this communist newspaper has a sense of humour or more likely he is now looking at the walls of his jail cell.
                            Perhaps, but do the Chinese actually appreciate or understand satire. Is it part of sino-culture ?
                            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                              Perhaps, but do the Chinese actually appreciate or understand satire. Is it part of sino-culture ?
                              While searching for the article on google, I happened to notice that in one of the results farther down, it said something like "the mysterious western art of satire." So maybe it's not?

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X