Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you want to live to the age of 100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you want to live to the age of 100?

A friend of mine recently expressed the thought that he would like to live to be 100. Knowing my friend as I do, I told him that he probably just wanted the attention he would garner from such a feat. I was wondering if others had the same ambition and if so, why?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Not only years measure the age
    "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

I would not. By that age you need help to do everything, and everything hurts when you do it.

Philisophically it might be a goal, but no one is going to care or remember that you made it.

Old joke: Guy says he's going to live to be 100 by cutting out alcohol, tobacco and women.

His friends says: "Why bother?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Old joke: Guy says he's going to live to be 100 by cutting out alcohol, tobacco and women.

His friends says: "Why bother?"
        Rimshot
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Only if my wife shares that time wiith me and in realitivly good health.

In the last couple years the old aches and pains keep finding new friends and invite them along for the trip.

100 would be interesting seeing the Grandkids grown and what changes come about in the world, but I suspect getting to 100 isn't realistic for me.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

^ So how did the century mark treat you the first time around?

Zing!
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

That one got me laughing Marc.

This second time was better with A/C, beer to go and Pizza Hut home delivery.

Comment

Shot dead by a jealous husband at 99 for me, please.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

With dear ones and in good health, sure

On a related note: the other day I was discussing with Stratego the possibilities to spend our senior days together
                  so we will not be bored

We planned to spend our days playing and re-playing all sorts of (his) games:
                  board games, strategic games, reading a good book and going on battlefield trips to Holland, Belgium, France, Germany actually anywhere in Europe as far as we dare go.
                  We agreed that our evenings will be best spent drinking, reminiscing and finish the games and books we didn't end during the day or see a great movie.
                  Our joint house will have a couple of guest rooms as the ACG Euro Meet & Greet with friends both old and new will continue as long as we can.
                  In our perception one of the more attractive ways to be old and enjoying it.
                  BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

teeheeheehee

Comment

Not me. I wouldn't want to live so long that I would risk seeing my son die before me. Besides, what would I possibly be able to do? I wouldn't want to be a drain on my family or whoever it was that would be taking care of me.
                      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

No. Life is painful enough now. I don't think I could handle another 48 years + several odd months more.
                        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Only if I could be relatively healthy, mobile, and self sufficient.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

If we have developed nano and cyber technology as far as the exponential curve shows we should, then yes. A technologically enhanced body and mind would be great. Perhaps, we can live in simulations by that time. If we are not in one now that is.
                            "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                              Only if I could be relatively healthy, mobile, and self sufficient.
                              I'm 75 and I can tell you YOU'RE DREAMIN, GIXXER. It aint gonna be like that...PERIOD!!!!!!

John
                              The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
                              It's truly a simple concept.
                              Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X