PETA Asks Turkey, Texas, to Change Name to 'Tofurkey'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA Asks Turkey, Texas, to Change Name to 'Tofurkey'

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, PETA couldn't help but run a-fowl of the town of Turkey, Texas.

As a gesture of goodwill toward the Thanksgiving bird, the animal activist group asked the small town of under 500 to change its name to "Tofurkey" -- the vegan equivalent of the holiday's traditional main course.

Needless to say, the townsfolk, whose forefathers named the town in honor of the wild birds they found roosting there, were not amused.

Bob Wills is still the King

I retract my previous statements about Texans.
    ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Maybe they could go with Fupeta instead as a gesture of just what they think PETA should do.

Comment

I'll let the Stooges do my talking to THAT PETA.

You know I belong to a PETA too: People Eating Tasty Animals.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Actually, a few years ago I stopped eating Turkey for a similar reason that I stopped eating pork. Given that Turkey and Ham are the big menu items for Thanksgiving and Christmas, this certainly had an impact on my holiday meals. Even so, I have stuck to keeping turkey and pork out of my diet.

That being said, I still don't think much of PETA. As much as I believe in the ethical and humane treatment of animals, I think they are extremists who push an uncompromising agenda using hyperbole and often distorted information.

Comment

Those brain damaged morons have also complained about names such as Fishkill, NY, and other landmarks.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishkil...n%29,_New_York

They will be around Michigan to harass hunters and other sportsmen during the annual trek of the Bambi Wars.

They once tried to disrupt a fish survey by the DNR on the Pine River. (Rotenone, a natural toxin that quickly breaks down in the environment, is used to kill the fish for such studies.) All they accomplished with their protest was to feed the mosquitoes that inhibited the river. The DNR had deliberately fed them bad info about the day and time of the scheduled study.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

PETA seems just attention starved as The Donald
              Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Give us break, PETA. That b.s. might have actually worked here in California, but you picked the wrong state when you chose Texas in which to express your extremist views and grab the headlines which you seem to crave.
                If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                  Even so, I have stuck to keeping turkey and pork out of my diet.

MS, I eat much more turkey and pork than I do beef and chicken. I rarely eat fish. Never eat lamb.

My pork intake is restricted to pork roll (that most awesome New Jersey staple), bacon, salamis and ham. I eat at least two turkey subs a week. Don't get me wrong I eat a lot of beef but the burgers and steaks aren't "regular" items. Same with chicken.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Memo to PETA: Farm animals are food not friends!

Comment

One of my biggest beef with PETA is their stance against Farm Animals and their claim of animal abuse which is far from the truth.

A Farmer relies on raising his animals to make a living, if he abused, overwork, starve, or do any form of abuse the farmer's financial well being will also be affected. It is in the farmers best interest to treat their animals right so they will in turn treat him right.
                      God didn’t create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
                        One of my biggest beef with PETA is their stance against Farm Animals and their claim of animal abuse which is far from the truth.

I agree. That is why I said that as much as I believe in the humane and ethical treatment of animals, I believe that PETA are a bunch of extremist who use misinformation and hyperbole to try to sway people.

A friend of mine used to belong to PETA and received their literature. I used to read some of it when I visited him. Some of the material was so outlandish that in my opinion it couldn't possibly help their case among truly thinking people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
                          It extends beyond farm animals.

Some years ago here, a seafood restaurant here brought in a lobster vending machine to promote business. That "claw" that you drop trying to grab a stuffed toy animal was modified to try to grab a lone lobster in a aquarium. The idea was that for 50 cents, you could potentially score a lobster dinner. The feat in near impossible, and that lobster in play had a way better chance than the ones piled up in the fridge waiting to boiled alive.............what else are you gonna do? Smash a lobster in the head with a hammer? The local PETA dudes call for action and a protest showed up to confront potential customers. As events unfolded, a fringe group of PETA attacked the restaurant, invaded their fridge, "rescued" the lobsters, rushed to the nearby beach to cleverly release a non-indigenous east-cost specie into our waters which is not suitable for them and IF manage to survive would have to be eradicated as a potential invasive specie.

A Farmer relies on raising his animals to make a living, if he abused, overwork, starve, or do any form of abuse the farmer's financial well being will also be affected. It is in the farmers best interest to treat their animals right so they will in turn treat him right.
                          Yup.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Their ultimate goal, the planned extinction of all domestic animals. That plan is in their bible, John Bryant's "Fettered Kingdom."

"Dogs must not be, they are playthings created by man." "The cat, like the dog must disappear."
                            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Maybe they could go with Fupeta instead as a gesture of just what they think PETA should do.
                              Or ChipPeta, the guy who carved Pinnochio.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X