Samuri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuri

Look past the guy's physical appearance. All of his blades are well maintained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4dKwHOfd2dk
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Look past the guy's physical appearance. All of his blades are well maintained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4dKwHOfd2dk
    His techniques off a tad, he played base ball with as many as he cut. Assuming it's in date order though he was getting better towards the end.
    "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

You think he carries a sword to the 7-11 in case he's attacked by a slurpee?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
        You think he carries a sword to the 7-11 in case he's attacked by a slurpee?
        Hey, at least he is doing something physical. He has pretty good coordination and is quite fast on his feet. He either needs to find a couple of mates to spar with or find a group that takes it seriously the only part he is getting grossly wrong is the stabs, which he is telegraphing about a week before hand. That might be down to the sheer bulk of his chest, he's having to swing round it.

Missing a few meals and a spot of stamina training wouldn't go amiss but not impossibly bad.
        "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

I think that K-Girl should weigh in on this discussion....
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Well he's having fun. It should be seen as no more than this though. Carry on. Guys like this (not talking about his weight) shouldn't be taken seriously nor held up as an example. That would be really counter-productive to any kind of athletic or sports developement.

How about join a club and work your arse off.

If you want to draw inspiration how about this gent.
            Last edited by Duncan; 16 Oct 12, 12:50.

Comment

Wow, I fenced with Maitre Bac Tau way back around 2000! It was an incredible experience. I was studying under Maitre Alex Beguinet and Maitre Leon Auriol at the time.

That was a good Kendo keiko. It may not look like it, but a five minute bout can be utterly exhausting. You are at maximum mental and physical intensity for that whole time. You may see a lot of "clinching" or tsubazeriai where you can take a moment to rest, but you can never let your guard down. Contrary to the supposed samurai ethos of one swing, one kill, the vast majority of hits are just scratches that are invalid in kendo. An Ippon/Yuko Datotsu (valid hit) may take you five sloppy hits to get one. For a hit to count it must be what would likely be disabling, done with good form and spirit on the valid target area.

The guy in the video - A for effort and enthusiasm! He could stand to learn some items of etiquette and technique that would improve the speed, power, and angle of his cuts as well as safety.

Going the next level is trying to cut tatami or even bamboo.

The material gives you about the same consistancy of muscle and tissue.

Another step is to have a set series of cuts rather than a poke and slice as you please. Something like Godan Giri is a series of five cuts made in a certain logical order. You ability to be precise in practice enables you to employ these cuts under duress.

My keiko bout with 7th Dan Sensei. I am scoring a Do or flank cut.

The blade of my weapon. Masamune Hamon.

Tsuki (thrust) to the throat of my opponent.

Sensei on the left, in hidari jodan guard. He attacks my wrist (kote)

I deflect the cut down and away.

I deliever a head cut before he can resume guard.
              TTFN

Comment

How to defend yourself against a bananae* or a swordsman.

* long running joke with friends of mine on what the Romans would have called bananas.
                Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
                  Stop making stuff up, the outfit shows beyond doubt those two are the Monty Python's black knight:

Comment

Oh yeahhh?.. Here's my serious ninja skills chocking out a 12 year old!

Here's me and Bac maybe ten or twelve years ago.
                    Last edited by Duncan; 19 Oct 12, 19:38.

Comment

You should post the follow up pics where she got free and put the boots to ya', Duncan.

Comment

It took two of you to fight a twelve year old?

Comment

Originally posted by Castro View Post
                          Stop making stuff up, the outfit shows beyond doubt those two are the Monty Python's black knight:

Come back 'ere! I'll bite your ankles off!
                          TTFN

Comment

Nice over the guard touch!
                            TTFN

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                              You should post the follow up pics where she got free and put the boots to ya', Duncan.
                              It's like fighting a 70lb monkey I tells ya.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X