I What???!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I What???!!!!

I don't know if this has been done before...if it has then feel free to ignore or contribute as you see fit.
    Scenario: -You have just won the Powerball Lottery for a total (after taxes and choosing a lump sum) of $25M. What would you do first and what would you do to preserve as much as possible to last you for your next 30 years of life?
    Invest? Spend? Buy gold, real estate, yachts, islands? Let's hear about it.
    (I, for one, would blow it all on a huge party for all you guys on ACG!)

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Pay off my debts and those of our two children. Three scolarship funds for the grandkids with a $500k gift if they finish a 4 year degree 3.5 or better. 500k for the two children to use as they like. Buy a retiement home in the US but remain in Germany in a modest home. Bigger car, but nothing out of the usual. Fly busniess tran Atlantic instead of coach or better yet, take a ship.

The rest in safe (what ever that is) investments.

Then the beer bash, ah the beer bash.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Pay off my debts and those of our two children. Three scolarship funds for the grandkids with a $500k gift if they finish a 4 year degree 3.5 or better. 500k for the two children to use as they like. Buy a retiement home in the US but remain in Germany in a modest home. Bigger car, but nothing out of the usual. Fly busniess tran Atlantic instead of coach or better yet, take a ship.

I like your ideas on that. I really like the college award idea. I would be a little leary on handing the kids 500k though.
      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
        I like your ideas on that. I really like the college award idea. I would be a little leary on handing the kids 500k though.
        "My Kids" are 35 and 45. Both with 4 or 6 year degrees and both are not afraid of work. Now if you meant the Grandkids, maybe. My thinking is after getting the college finished with a 3.5 or higher they should be smart enough to not go on a bash. Thier mothers and fathers are still in the background. They could use it for more education or a start up busniess or they could waste it. Live and learn, if they are mature they won't waste all of it. If they finish college with a 3.5 they have worked hard and also towards a goal.

Then again, I don't expect to be around for another 30 years, maybe 15 so my wife and I could go and enjoy ourselves on like two million a year.

Comment

Invest, pay off debts(I don't have any but those in my family do), and travel. Then do whatever I want after I am bored with traveling.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Sage wisdom, especially the beer bash!.
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

"My Kids" are 35 and 45. Both with 4 or 6 year degrees and both are not afraid of work. Now if you meant the Grandkids, maybe. My thinking is after getting the college finished with a 3.5 or higher they should be smart enough to not go on a bash. Thier mothers and fathers are still in the background. They could use it for more education or a start up busniess or they could waste it. Live and learn, if they are mature they won't waste all of it. If they finish college with a 3.5 they have worked hard and also towards a goal.

Then again, I don't expect to be around for another 30 years, maybe 15 so my wife and I could go and enjoy ourselves on like two million a year.
              That makes sense. My boy is three, so 500k on suckers and hotwheels cars doesn't sound like a wise investment.
              "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

I would buy a house, a new car for me and a cheap new one for the Grandson. I would invest a little and look into US Treasury Bonds. I would look into paying for the local college to hire another full time coach. They need another guy recruiting the Houston Metro area. I would also put money aside to send the three boys to College. I would like to send my oldest to college, but she is 39 and I don't know if she could get through four years.

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

First thing I would do:

Hire an excellent attorney.
                  "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                    First thing I would do:

Hire an excellent attorney.
                    At least you'll know where most of the money went.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
                      That makes sense. My boy is three, so 500k on suckers and hotwheels cars doesn't sound like a wise investment.
                      Ask him, Just ask him what he thinks of the idea.

Comment

$25M? Phhhht piddling amount. I fully intend to win the £100M+ Euromillion rollover one of these days.

I will then spend my days thinking of fiendish and outlandish ways to use my new found wealth to destroy everone who has ever annoyed me.

I may run out of money.

Comment

Pay everything off. Build a nice house to retire in.
                          Take care of the rest of the family.
                          Endow a chair at our alma mater.
                          Send Dr. Sinister something really nice for Leader Day.
                          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                            Pay everything off. Build a nice house to retire in.
                            Take care of the rest of the family.
                            Endow a chair at our alma mater.
                            Send Dr. Sinister something really nice for Leader Day.
                            A Lego set that is a mail bomb. Now that is sinister. Doesn't cost much either.

Comment

...s-s-s-s-s!

At least you'll know where most of the money went.
                              HP, you're on FIYAH today! Thanks for the request.
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X