Number One Son has become a Health Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number One Son has become a Health Freak

As a lifelong ignorer of good health, a heavy drinker, heavy smoker, lover of junk and processed foods, and eschewer of all forms of exercise, I don't know whether to feel proud or disappointed that Number One Son (Peter) has gotten wholeheartedly into this natural health foods stuff.

The thing is, he's trying to enforce it on me, has joined a marketing company (Unicity) to promote the stuff, and not wanting to discourage the lad I'm reluctantly going along with it.

Here are some of the compounds I'm now forced to ingest on a daily basis.

Of course, this is the thin end of the wedge, isn't it? There are more to come and once he has got me firmly onto this stuff then the pressure will be on for me to cut down on drinking, stop smoking, start exercising and start eating only healthy foods.

Life ain't gonna be worth living.

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Natural foods... ..... what ever happened to just eating more fruit and veggies?
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

If I tried to make my Mom drink that coffee, she'd kill me in my sleep.
      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

You really should have sent Number One into the jungle naked and armed only with a dull knife many moons ago. Now you shall be cursed to endure "health products", which is not the same as a healthy way of life. Your boy has been assimilated by capitalistic marketing strategy. Kill that corporation now.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          You really should have sent Number One into the jungle naked and armed only with a dull knife many moons ago. Now you shall be cursed to endure "health products", which is not the same as a healthy way of life. Your boy has been assimilated by capitalistic marketing strategy. Kill that corporation now.
          I did consider totally rubbishing that corporation from the start. It was my natural instinct. But Peter grew up in a different world with different values than mine.

I had originally considered sending Number One son (Peter) as a boy monk to be educated, as a teenager, in a Buddhist temple, but discounted the idea as 'too weird', even though I knew it would have been a positive thing.

Now, he is a typically modern Asian/European young man bent on acquiring incredible wealth as a main goal. The company he has joined is an MLM (multi level marketing) company, called Unicity, promising recruits like him untold riches if they work hard and follow the proscribed procedures. Some see such companies as legitimate capitalisltic enterprises. Others, see them as no more than pyramid schemes.

Thing is, he's really enthusiastic about it, and I don't want to take that away from him, so I'm supporting him. At any rate, at the age of only 20, he should be allowed one or two failures before achieving his aimed-for success.

On the other hand, I've told Number Two Son (who is incredibly artistically talented) to follow his artistic dreams and not to ever think about monetary reward at all.

Oh, boy!..........I should probably have never been allowed children in the first place.

Philip
          Last edited by PhilipLaos; 15 Oct 12, 01:59.
          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

If it's a pyramid scheme and he goes along with it, fine, but at least tell him it is a scheme and at the very least don't get involved in it.
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

http://uk.askmen.com/sports/foodcour...ting_well.html

Bring on the beer.

That Bio C product claims to be made from cherries that should grow well in your area.

You could always get #1 to sell Tubberware or Amway or even Avon. Woman well buy just about anything they don't need.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Quack! Quack! Quack! Just stuff of questionable safety that cost a lot of money and could even be harmful to your health.

Want to become more healthy? Kick the addiction to tobacco. Get some exercise. Get rid of the junk foods and big sugary drinks. Add more fruits and veggies to your diet. Eat and drink in moderation. Take an all purpose vitamin if your doctor recommends it. If you are eating healthy, you will get all of the vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Hmmmm

Bios Life Slim....

Hi fibre suppliment that they recomended that you take it 15 mins before meals. For best results they recommend that you leave 4 hours between breakfast and lunch, 4 hours between lunch and dinner and 12 hours between dinner and breakfast with no snacking in between. It seems that the main slimming aid comes from the hi fibre content leaving you feeling full without ingesting a huge number of calories.

So basically you pay through the nose for some basic sensible advice and the equivalent of more fruit & veg (as your man A B said) on your plate at the expense of the not so good stuff.

Everyone's looking for a shortcut these days, I suppose there's no harm in cashing in?

Comment

I just hope that my boy grows up to run a brewery. Then I'll be a proud father (not that I'm not now).
                    "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Philip, I can appreciate you 'supporting' the boys asperations of becoming 'rich'. But is not the better lesson one whereby you live your life, good or badly with such consequences as it may entail, and do so happy with your choices as opposed to suffering just to maybe live another day while not actually being happy with the means from now till then? Just sayin, man, you've lived your life on your terms & the consequences are what they are. Don't die a miserable old fart because somebody else made you do otherwise than what YOU decide is 'good' for ya while accepting the consequences that may entail. Do ya not think when all is said, done & you're gone that your chilluns & lady would rather know & remember the happy in your remaining years of life, as opposed to the possibly annoying result of their idears on how you oughta be livin em?

I'm not suggesting treating yourself better ain't a bad idear, simply that you should do it because YOU really want to, or it will likely be just another annoyance in life.

JMO, my friend.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Yup, it sure looks like the same pyramid scheme that my sister perpetrated on my poor mom until mom had to go to assisted living where they absolutely forbade bad sister to peddle the stuff...
                        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Not that I am saying it is a bad thing Phil. But I quit drinking, I smoked one HALF of a cigar, it about killed me. Other than drinking more Dr. Pepper than I should have, eating cheeseburgers til I'm blue in the face, I believe even now, that I am healthier than I was 20 years ago.
                          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Phil........... be happy he didn't REALLY go capitalist......like work at a bank or something........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X