Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one?

My anti-compter wife has threaten me with buying a "tablet" for Xmas/brithday, very much to my surprise.

The question is which of the two. iPad or the Samsung Galaxy.

Pro and Con for each please. I lean towards the Samsung offer.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

I hear that the iPad can heat up, thus rendering a man impotent.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I have an ipad 2, love it. I use it a great deal for reading, and Amazon has quite a bit of my $ because of all the kindle books I bought. Web access is never a problem, it's plenty fast enough, and is convenient to carry around. I also have quite a bit of music on it, and I use it to look at pictures also. It will never replace something with a real keyboard for word processing, but using the touch screen keyboard has become fairly easy. I have written quite a few of my ACG posts from it.

As far as things like apps go, I don't have all that many, but there are litterally hundres of thousands out there. The thing has never failed to function as required. I have heard the Galaxy is a good bit of kit as well, but if I needed a new tablet tomorrow I'd buy the ipad 2 again.

Comment

We took the Child Bride's i-pad with us to Hawaii last year rather than a laptop. Another crushing 1-1 vote defeat for me by the way.

I had a problem posting here and maintaining the NFL poll among other issues.

Probably not helpful to you, but there are things they don't do well in my experience!

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Haha D... that same old 'Air Vote' of yours.

Just like in basketball, the 'shot/vote' looks good the entire way... but hits nothing but air.
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

My wife loves her ipad 2.
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

My wife like the iPad 2. She gets a subscription to her Czech magazines, watches Czech TV and listens to Czech Radio stations with it. Very handy and a lot of apps.

The services have a lot of culture & language applications that are delivered on the iPad/iPod.

Your final decision should probably be driven on apps that are of interest to you:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2362572,00.asp

http://www.androidsoft4u.com/applica...S-GTI9000.aspx
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I've never seen one up close, although it is rumored my brother Del owns one. He's never shown it to me.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Have you checked out the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T-32GB? On paper it is superior to the Samsung, and can even rival the new Ipad. If you're invested in Google products, I say go with the Asus but if you aren't, and have the money, go for the new Ipad. Keep in mind that the Ipad does not have the greatest support for Adobe products.
                  The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

I vote for ipad, for one thing the latest one has a fantastic display-and it still has the best app selection. As for adobe support adobe themselves are no longer supporting flash for mobile devices and the new mobile standard is html5 which is really catching on.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                      Haha D... that same old 'Air Vote' of yours.

Just like in basketball, the 'shot/vote' looks good the entire way... but hits nothing but air.
                      True, true! I am not a technology devotee by any stretch of the imagination. Pardon me now while I sharpen my chisel. It is getting really difficult to read this stone!

Regards,
                      Dennis
                      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Ipad is great, my wife bought mine and I use it all the time to browse the web.
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                        Bukowski

Comment

Thanks for all the input but with all being iPad users it sort of sounds like that is the one to buy.

I have heard that most of the apps on iPad are items you buy while those for Samsung are free.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Depends what type of apps you want, I haven't spent any money on the apps I use for the iPad.
                            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                            Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                            Bukowski

Comment

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X