RIP CSM Basil Plumely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP CSM Basil Plumely

Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumely has passed today. He was a veteran of WWII,Korea and Vietnam. He was most known for the battle Ia Drang in November 1965.

Rest in peace Sergeant Major. You were a lion amongst men.

http://guardianofvalor.com/csm-basil...-cancer-at-92/
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Perhaps my memory is shoddy, but I do recall reading that CSM Plumley, during the late 1940's-1950's, was billeted to counter-intelligence, and due to his unassuming physique and youthful appearance, was assigned to play the role of a university student, to keep an eye on subversive activities on campus. In the process, he earned a couple of degrees, including a doctorate of philosophy. By the time that the 11th Air Assault Brigade was formed, he was considered the most educated NCO in the Army. Am I remembering that correctly?

RIP CSM Plumley. The angels had better stand at perfect attention when you get there.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Without a doubt the most respected rank in all the services.
      RIP Sarmajor.

John
      The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
      It's truly a simple concept.
      Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

R.I.P., Sergeant Major...you've definitely earned it. And for your service to your country we are forever in your debt.
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

RIP Sergeant Major Plumley.
          We're losing too many of our legendary people.
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One hell of a career that was. Those boots will be impossible to fill.
            R.I.P. Sergeant Major
            "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

While we are mourning the loss...they are rejoicing in heaven upon his arrival. RIP!

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

In their hymn the US Marines claim that they guard heavensí streets. Well they better have their act together when Sergeant Major Plumely marches though the gates.

Comment

The long toll of the brave
                  Is not lost in darkness
                  Over the fruitful earth
                  And athwart the seas
                  Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                  Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Rest in peace, CSM Plumley.
                    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

RIP CSM Plumley.
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X