The Demise of Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Demise of Guys

A TEDtalks presentation by Dr. Philip Zimbardo from Stanford called "The Demise of Guys." Interesting, to say the least.

"What's the solution? Not my job. I'm here to alarm!"

EH??
    He's full of horse puckey. I know better. NOT ALL are as he says. Try rural boys bucko!

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    A TEDtalks presentation by Dr. Philip Zimbardo from Stanford called "The Demise of Guys." Interesting, to say the least.

This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Makes perfect sense. You can practically predict who's going to be ADHD just by counting up the hours of TV they watch as pre-schoolers. The damn thing really does rot your brain.
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post

Enjoyed that .

However, from an evolutionary point of view not much has probably changed. Men have always been generally more anti-social because they were the hunters, and generally hunters work best alone - less noise/smell etc. Their life was mainly boredom, and when R&R comes along want short intense excitement. On the otherhand women have always made communities because pregnent women cannot run, and there is safety in numbers. Women probably were the first ones to speak, make long term relationships based on higher brain functions, begin farming, and maybe look at the world around them beyond the physical eg religeon.

I don't think really man has changed that much, it is just the jobs that men were probably better than woman at are disppearing as technology takes over. The skills required these days are the ones that women evolved thousands of years ago. As women take over, we'll find the men at home staying at home looking after the kids. Just like me. I knew I was evolved beyond most other males .
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X