Happy Halloween!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Halloween!!!

when i was a wee lad in the early 60's i loved monsters!! built models of them and hung posters of them on my wall. was scared to death of them, but couldnt look away. i lived in the basement as a child..by my self...in the dark. my dad was a fan of westerns so the door to my room was saloon style doors. not good when it came to monsters!! after seeing Hitchcock's "the birds" i realized i was in deep sh*t!! they could get right in and peck me to death. i created rituals that chased the monsters away such as singing happy songs as i came down the stairs into the basement, turning on all the lights and looking around. the hardest part was getting from the light switch to my bedroom. i would hit the light switch, take a run and slide underneath the saloon doors to safety!! once inside my room my mickey mouse night light would keep me safe..hopefully.
    to this day i still get a slight twinge when i go to the basement...monsters live there.
    i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Nice story...Happy Halloween!
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Comment

I have the haunted doll house based upon a true story of an old farmhouse where the owner, an elderly woman who had alienated everyone, was found petrified in her rocking chairs years later.

My new addition to the Halloween display "resting in peaces," will be a torso manican complete with a junked electric chain saw all covered in red "Opps" paint.
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

boo!

It all stems from the ancient druidic feast of Samhain in northern Europe and the British isles. Supposedly that was the time of year when spirits good and bad walked the earth for humans to see. Great bonfires were built on hills and moors to guide these unearthly ghouls to their appointed rituals.Sort of like election time in the US...
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I put out my Halloween Graveyard today. This year it looks like I have competition from the house up the street who put out one too. His is nice, but my is big league Halloween

Comment

People didn't seem to have the spirit last year, I hope things are different this time.

I'll give it one more shot, and do it right. THis time, I have even grown a beard and mustache so that the Guy Fawkes costume will work even if I have to leave the mask behind.

Comment

I might dress up this year...all I need is a visor cap and I can be Troy Landry from Swamp People.

-Matt
                SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Patterson View Post
                  when i was a wee lad in the early 60's i loved monsters!! built models of them and hung posters of them on my wall. was scared to death of them, but couldnt look away. i lived in the basement as a child..by my self...in the dark. my dad was a fan of westerns so the door to my room was saloon style doors. not good when it came to monsters!! after seeing Hitchcock's "the birds" i realized i was in deep sh*t!! they could get right in and peck me to death. i created rituals that chased the monsters away such as singing happy songs as i came down the stairs into the basement, turning on all the lights and looking around. the hardest part was getting from the light switch to my bedroom. i would hit the light switch, take a run and slide underneath the saloon doors to safety!! once inside my room my mickey mouse night light would keep me safe..hopefully.
                  to this day i still get a slight twinge when i go to the basement...monsters live there.
                  My monster evasion was tactical. I'd scoot my bed into the corner with my nightstand at the head. That way the monster had only one side of the bed to come out of and couldn't sneak up behind me.

Two things were scary. The aliens from Aliens made sure I never viewed an A/C vent the same way again and the werewolf family episode from Tales From the Darkside kept me from ever being able to look at the closet.

I gotta stop mixing Indian food with late night Walking Dead viewings. Had a dream where I saw two people eat contaminated food and zombiefie while wandering the streets while U2's song Bloody Sunday played in the background.

Hopefully they ate Carl after I woke up.
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

A bit early isn't it? Fun memories though.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
                      A bit early isn't it? Fun memories though.
                      Heck no. Halloween isn't a day, it's a season!
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

The entire season of October. Its a celebration.
                        Yes Jose, Samhain is what you call it. The druidic celebration like the Germans' Oktoberfest. Only the druids/pagans are a bit different.
                        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

YOU BET THEY'RE DIFFERENT....!
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Another cemetery popped up on my street today. Mine is still the best but I am glad to see more and more people getting into the spirit of things.

Spirit Get it

Comment

Some may be in the spirit. I am happy Florida beat Spurrier. I am happy I don't hear one grumbling or complaining. On my birthday Thursday he had 4 lower jaw teeth cut out. Source of infections. I must say it is nice and quiet except for growls.
                              Happy Halloween everyone.
                              Spurrier got chomped in the swamp. Oh Hell Yeah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X