Too bad I don't live in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad I don't live in the USA

I've been planning a year+ long trip to Europe for a while now and I could have cashed in on a free one-way ticket :

http://www.thenleave.com
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Good one! I like Doug's application the best:

NAME: Doug
    STATE OF RESIDENCE: Kansas
    REQUESTED DESTINATION OF TICKET: Canada
    REQUESTED MONTH OF DEPARTURE: Anytime
    ARE YOU A U.S. CITIZEN: Yes
    FOR HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A U.S. CITIZEN: 28 years
    REASON FOR WISHING TO LEAVE THE U.S.A.: Want to live in a more democratic country

WITHDRAWN: Doug "changed his mind".
    "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

I am kind of partial to this one, even if it was rejected...

NAME: Eric
      STATE OF RESIDENCE: Iowa
      REQUESTED DESTINATION OF TICKET: anywhere in North Korea
      REQUESTED MONTH OF DEPARTURE: December
      ARE YOU A U.S. CITIZEN: Yes
      FOR HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A U.S. CITIZEN: 27 years
      REASON FOR WISHING TO LEAVE THE U.S.A.: USA sucks and the government is corrupt.
      COMMENTS: Get me the hell out of here.

REJECTED: N. Korea will not simply accept people into the country without invitation.
      "Eric" is on some good drugs.
      "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

Comment

Sure, half these idiots want to come up here to Canada... WE DON'T WANT YOUR REJECTS!!

"When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

(I wonder if I can buy Jean Chretien a ticket to the US...)

"When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Well of course most of them are looking to head north. Snivelling back after they realize how stupid of an idea leaving was is much easier by car than by plane. Only question is if they'll crack in november or hold out another month
            "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
            Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

Now if I was broke and an American citizen, I'd register for a one-way ticket to Denmark...

'In Denmark:the inmate retains his ordinary civil rights during the sentence. As a general rule the inmate has his own cell/room of about seven sq. metres. It has been decided to abolish the three-man cells to the extent possible.

'The offender can bring with him personal belongings, such as clothes, television, radio, books and pictures.

':Inmates can receive visits from relatives in single rooms or in their own cells and only in very rare cases will visits be supervised.

':Inmates in prisons are to have the same offers of training and education as all other citizens in Denmark:. 40 per cent of all leaves in prisons are granted so that the inmate can take part in training, education or work outside the prison.

':A refrigerator has been set up in each cell for the inmates to store their food.

'In their leisure time, inmates can also take part in a number of sports and hobby activities. The sports offers are largely the same as in a small sports association, viz., football, badminton, table tennis, volleyball and bodybuilding. In several places, contact has been established between the prison and one or more of the local sports associations, and they meet for friendship matches or train together. In addition, inmates in open prisons can take part in local sports tournaments.

'The hobby activities are woodwork, leatherwork and ceramics.The individual prisons also have a library, run either as independent units or in close cooperation with the municipal public libraries.'

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
                Now if I was broke and an American citizen, I'd register for a one-way ticket to Denmark...

Sweet... crime does pay!
                "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ

Why even send em to prison then?Just put them on house arrest and save the state some money.

Comment

Guys,

Come in France the only country were The Fries are free

And you may appreciate what is realy good FOOD

And in case of trouble you will have just to surrender, no blood no pain, no town destruction.
                    The invaders after some time become French and there is no more problems

Elle est pas belle la vie especialy with Virgine LeDoyen or Laetitia Casta

Der WanderCool
                    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X