How to exterminate roaches - repel insects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to exterminate roaches - repel insects

I never knew WD-40 can be used for this and it really does work!

Exterminate roaches and repel insects

Donít let cockroaches, insects, or spiders get the upper hand in your home. Keep a can of WD-40 handy, and when you see a roach, spray a small amount directly on it for an instant kill. To keep insects and spiders out of your home, spray WD-40 on windowsills and frames, screens, and door frames. Be careful not to inhale the fumes when you spray and do not do this at all if you have babies or small children at home.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

I'm hoping Metaldog will come on and confirm this...

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Or small children or pets. And fall is coming. Flies, gnats in here bad. I wonder what it is like at home.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The fleas were uncommonly bad in our region this year. Both my dogs are infested, although I'm giving them almost daily flea baths and spraying our rugs and carpets with insectecide. Any ideas?
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Frontline always helped. I think that is what Callie gets, some green liquid you massage on the pet's neck. It works. We also have to use heartworm prev. Because of no damn winter, ALL bugs are rampant.
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, Frontline Plus is among the most effective flea product out there. It kills all existing adult fleas within 12 hours. Ticks & chewing lice takes 48 hours. One application will protect your dog for a month. Another advantage of Frontline is that it's waterproof, which is great for water-loving dogs. You do need to keep your dog away from water until the application to become dry, usually takes about 24 hours.

Be careful, there are counterfeit products out there. Below is a counterfeit one...

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
              The fleas were uncommonly bad in our region this year. Both my dogs are infested, although I'm giving them almost daily flea baths and spraying our rugs and carpets with insectecide. Any ideas?

Be sure that you actually got rid of all the fleas, both the adult ones and the larvae. Fleas have different developmental stages and different substances are needed to kill adult fleas and eggs. Even if you wipe out all the adult fleas in your house, fleas will soon reappear if you don't get the eggs too. To get rid of the eggs, you have to thoroughly wash the carpets and bedding with a strong detergent and vacuuming the entire house. Also, try to dehumidify your house by turning on air conditioning. To kill larvae, you could wash carpets with an insecticide, or have them steam-washed.

Comment

Salt: finer the better. Cheapo table salt works fine...sprinkle it on the carpet and leave it for at least two days then vacuum. Vacuum bag should immediately go to the trash can. Repeat as necessary.

While you're waiting for the salt to work, keep a few white bowls around with water and a few drops of dish soap. Works best when placed under a lamp or night light.
                Skip

Comment

Another cheap way to get rid of fleas...Borax detergent. Sprinkle it all over your carpets, couch, bedding, pillows, pet beds, car, even wood floors. (NOT ON YOUR PET!) Then vacuum it all up. What Borax does is coat the eggs. The eggs hatch deformed or unable to reproduce. You will have to do this 2 or 3 times about a week apart in order to get all the egg cycles.

Comment

Used coffee grounds are good to keep insects away : start with outside doorways and then all around the outside of the house as you have them available.
                    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Diatomacious Earth (often referred to as "DE") is an off white talc-like powder that is the fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton. When sprinkled on a bug that has an exoskeleton (such as bed bugs, ants or fleas) it gets caught between their little exoskeleton joints. As they move, the diatomaceous earth acts like razor blades and cuts them up. But it doesn't hurt mammals. We can eat it. We do eat it! It's in lots of grain based foods because lots of grains are stored with diatomaceous earth to keep the bugs from eating the grain!
                      Die bugs! Die! Die! Die!

http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Blooming useful thread to all

Ed.
                        The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

Comment

Move to southern California.
                          It's nice here.
                          "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

HEY!

Get onto 1800petmeds.com and get some Frontline 2 or Advantix and start treating those anmimals. Get a bug bomb and bomb the house...what are you waiting for?

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Most insects breath thru their skin and can not survive soap, detergent, or petrolium exposure.
                              For instance, those high powered wasp sprays are nothing more than perfumed kerosene.
                              John
                              The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
                              It's truly a simple concept.
                              Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X