Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qui a tué Daniel Pearl ?/ Who killed Daniel Pearl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qui a tué Daniel Pearl ?/ Who killed Daniel Pearl?

The French philospher Bernard Henry Levy, was so shoked by the death of Daniel Pearl, that he spent more than one year in Pakistan and other place top find the reason of the suplice and the death of the US journalist Daniel Pearl. All the decapitation and the cut in pieces of the body was filmed and sent to major western networks.

I going to buy the book and I can tell you more.
    But I heard a long interview, where he explained that all the El-quaida and other muslim fundamentalist groups found their origin in Pakistan, along with Taliban schools. The pakistanese secret Services are not stranger to the enterprise to destabilize western countries.

So Iraq was a threat yes but the worst is one of our allies PAKISTAN. In fact he told that Musharf is a "pantin" with very few power on its people.
    He found too that some Pakistanese scientist in charge of the nuclear bomb project had given information to Al quaida no the way to develop dirty nuclear bombs

I will read it and give you more news

Der Wanderer
    Last edited by jlbetin; 12 May 03, 15:48.
    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Re: Qui a tué Daniel Pearl ?/ Who killed Daniel Pearl?

Originally posted by jlbetin
    He found too that some Pakistanese scientist in charge of the nuclear bomb project had given information to Al quaida no the way to develop dirty nuclear bombs
    Well, it's not very complex to develop dirty bombs. I'm not sure what the Pakistan scientists could have told Al Qaeda that they couldn't figure out by watching the Discovery Channel.

The materials are readily available in any country as well. CsCl (Cesium Chloride aka Cesium-137) is a powder that's widely used. One of the main places it can be found is in X-ray equipment. Needless to say, hospitals and industrial factories have large quantities of this powder in their X-ray equipment It's easy enough to setup a front to purchase X-ray machines - or even to root around in a dumpster for a thrown out X-ray machine.

One of the most plentiful sources for a terrorist group however is in the former Soviet Union. You may have heard about Soviet era experiements with seed irradiation to help agricultural production. They had these big trucks loaded with huge devices full of Cesium-137 used to germinate seeds. Anyways, when the experiment failed the Soviet Union tucked away the machinery where it was being used (which is all over the former Soviet Union, both in Russia and countless other republics) and forgot about them. They're still, to this day, finding these old trucks lying around. The most recent find was in Georgia, when a bunch of woodcutters came down with radiation poisoning - the culprit was one of these old trucks in some shed nearby that nobody knew about.

To make a dirty bomb out of this, all the terrorist has to do is build a bomb and pack it full of Cesium-137. With decent weather conditions a bomb detonated from a truck say in the center center, along with a little bit of wind, would disperse the powder over a large radius. If a terrorist does this in a densely populated urban center, they can effectively make the entire city center uninhabitable without serious increased risk of cancer. It won't kill very many people immediately, even in a packed area (eg the explosive device to disperse the powder would probably cause more deaths than the Cesium-137 would over the first few weeks) but it will increase the chance of cancer by many times (a British firm did a mock dirty bomb explosion in London which increased the risk of cancer about 10 times in city center, with the effects dissipating further out).

The worst part of all this is that to clean up this kind of mess, you'd have to literally tear down the entire affected radius, ship all the material, dirt, etc away and bury it somewhere and rebuild the entire area. In Brazil some years ago, some thieves stole a bunch of Cesium-137 from a hospital without realizing what it was. They opened the container it was in. Above 200 peole eventually died from this and they were forced to tear down the entire town, the dirt, etc - put it in radioactive containers (where they're sitting somewhere in Brazil right now) and rebuild the town. This was without intentional dispersal. A terrorist who detonates this crap will get far better dispersal because it gets thrown up into the air where the wind carries it.

Dirty bombs are primarily economic, but can still be devastating. Most of all, to get back on topic, they're easy to build. You don't need anything more than a 15 minute brief on Cesium-Chloride (to know that you better build the bomb first, add the CsCl later else you're going to be dead before you can detonate it ) and the training to build a primitive bomb.
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Good post MikeJ.

jlbetin, is the author suggesting the Pakistani's killed Pearl, or authorized his execution?

I could understand why one would suggest his death might not have been a simple terrorist act. Unless the terrorist tried to negotiate with the US or Pakistani's, keeping him alive long became counterproductive. (I don't recall there being negotiations.) However, I believe it was a terrorist act. I recall reading somewhere that it might have been an accident and the terrorist tried to try to salvage the situation by decapitating Pearl. He wasn't killed on the video.
      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

A dirty nuke is basically a failed nuke. The ominous thing about somebody trying to build a nuke is that a real one is not that far away for the builder. The missing component is critical mass and a well engineered detonation device.
        Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Originally posted by SparceMatrix
          A dirty nuke is basically a failed nuke. The ominous thing about somebody trying to build a nuke is that a real one is not that far away for the builder. The missing component is critical mass and a well engineered detonation device.
          It's a conventional bomb with radioactive material of some kind used with it.

Now, conceivably, if a terrorist group wanted to use plutonium or uranium or other such radioactive materials in their "dirty bomb", the Pakistani scientists could have provided them something of value, but limited in what they could have provided. If the Pakistani scientists were going to help Al Qaeda with dirty bombs, it would be with their procurement of radioactive materials - beyond that there's little they could tell Al Qaeda that they don't already know.

Now if the Al Qaeda could get their hands on weapons grade plutonium or enriched uranium they sure as hell wouldn't waste it on a dirty bomb. A Cesium-137 dirty bomb is about as nightmarish a scenario for a dirty bomb as any and the materials are, by comparison with uranium/plutonium, a joke to acquire.

Besides, even with uranium/plutonium, there is no serious technical requirements for a dirty bomb except in proper ways to handle the material and transport it, etc, all of which they could find on the internet. The whole point of a dirty bomb is to disperse radioactive material of any kind because the complixities of creating a nuclear chain reaction, the production facilities and machining required are out of the hands of whoever is trying to bulid it.

So they opt for the easy route - disperse the radioactive material over as far an area as possible to inflict maxiumum damage. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that, as any explosive device will do the trick. The most technical part about it, aside from handling of whatever radioactive materials they plan to use, is how best to build the bomb and situating the materials within that bomb for dispersal.

In other words, a dirty bomb is nothing close to a working and functional nuclear weapon.
          "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
            Good post MikeJ.

jlbetin, is the author suggesting the Pakistani's killed Pearl, or authorized his execution?

I could understand why one would suggest his death might not have been a simple terrorist act. Unless the terrorist tried to negotiate with the US or Pakistani's, keeping him alive long became counterproductive. (I don't recall there being negotiations.) However, I believe it was a terrorist act. I recall reading somewhere that it might have been an accident and the terrorist tried to try to salvage the situation by decapitating Pearl. He wasn't killed on the video.
            Pakistan governement itself no, but Author told there could be deep link between terrorist and Pakistan Secret Services. Probably David Peral could have been executed as he might found some proofs about this link ( and why not 11/9).
            I need to read the book before to go further.

Concerning the bomb I told dirty nuke, not dirty bomb with radioactiv matter in it. It is told that Al-Quaida seach for Uranium, and Scientist could have gave the way to realize the detonator. Am I clearer about that.

For your own knowledge, I often play Cassandra about Muslims, but Pakistan send everywhere in Europe ( I don't know for US), very aggressive Molah's who preach the destruction of Occidental culture.
            We have seen on our Public TV network a report of young girls and boy sent by their parents to Muslims school in Djalalabad ( I think this the mother town of Talibans) to become "good muslim" and it was terrific.
            Young people of 12/14 telling that as soon as they come back to France they will make proselitism to deny the girl the right to go to French Republic school
            For your knowlegde again, in french state owned school no religious sign are authorized, no visible cross, no kipah, no Tchador, neither philosophical sign. The proselitism is stricly forbidden. This laïcity rule exist only in 2 countries France and Turkey ( Attah Turk stay long time in France and he translate this rule of strict separation between state and Church to its country)

To continue for those new fanatics the only valuable knowledge is the coran. and an islamic republic must be installed in France. French Ministry of Interior is aware and has a constant open eye on those radicals who find whith young unemployed youg arabian a good soil for Islamic radical seeds.

That's our threat in europe, there was terrorism, we paid a lot, but the work of the fundamentalism is more dangerous, and once again we found the hand of Pakistanese organisations.

Der Wanderer
            JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003

Comment

Pakistan governement itself no, but Author told there could be deep link between terrorist and Pakistan Secret Services.
              I thought the link between the Pakistani ISI and the Taliban was already well documented... seeing as the Taliban were directly linked with Al Qaeda, I'd say the author is right.

Concerning the bomb I told dirty nuke, not dirty bomb with radioactiv matter in it. It is told that Al-Quaida seach for Uranium, and Scientist could have gave the way to realize the detonator. Am I clearer about that.
              Well, that'd be a functional nuclear device, nothing dirty about it . Maybe someone coined the phrase after the whole "dirty bomb" in the media business, I don't know, but a crude nuclear weapon is a still a nuclear weapon. Dirty bombs are normally called such because they make no attempt to actually create a nuclear chain-reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ

Well, that'd be a functional nuclear device, nothing dirty about it . Maybe someone coined the phrase after the whole "dirty bomb" in the media business, I don't know, but a crude nuclear weapon is a still a nuclear weapon. Dirty bombs are normally called such because they make no attempt to actually create a nuclear chain-reaction.
                Yes I aggree . To find an other way, I would say not a perfectly made nuke bomb. sorry it seems not clear but I think there is a difference between an Industrial made bomb and an "hand make" one. Proefiency could be different.

Der Wanderer

Comment

It's a conventional bomb with radioactive material of some kind used with it.
                  ... and the rest of the points made about what characterizes a dirty nuke. Anyone home-making a nuke can expect to be gratified even if the fissile material does not go off because the triggering explosion will disperse the radioactive material sufficiently to be "dirty nuke". Anyone who has gone through the trouble to accumulate enough radioactive material to make a "dirty nuke" will wish they had made the small extra effort to get some fissile material and do some serious damage. The two devices and the labor involve imply each other.
                  Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X