Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebpreacher
    replied
    When something happens, both my cousin and I write. I don't know if it is a talent or a curse.

Leave a comment:

• Trailboss49
    replied
    Good recall, worthy of posting.

Leave a comment:

• Kendoka Girl
    replied
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Rock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    He's bowing. I just say thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    started a topic Poem For 9-11 Anniversary

Poem For 9-11 Anniversary

Co-written by my cousin and I between fishing and Jeopardy.

Eleven Years Ago Today
    It was a glorious and beautiful early fall day.

Then bad men, hearts full of hatred, took it all away.

Two jets, driven by madness and hate, took down two buildings full of human beings. The highly fueled missiles ‘Insanity controlled and seized by terrorists’ took many innocent human lives in the planes, as if they cared.

There were two more planes, the people cried. "Two more?!"

One detoured to Washington, purposely. To hit our Pentagon; the very core of our defense. Only to annihilate more innocent lives. Worries the other may hit the very Capital itself.

That flight was missing. Flight 93. No one knew where it was, or where it was bound. The people were on edge. Many knew, they would be sleeping in paradise that night. There was no other way around it. Bravery soared. After brief communication with Cleveland Tower, they heard yelling. Then not much of anything. They over-heard the terrorists hijack the plane. Spewing words of hate, it enacted many into action.

Our Country is driven by Freedom and loving people. Caring people.

The kind the President was speaking about in 'Independence Day,'
    "We will not go gentle into that good night!" These courageous people, were the embodiment of that speech. They fought back, as we've done the past 11 years. Some still grieving. Some still hurting badly. Many still haunted and in shock.

Hear the bagpipes play Amazing Grace. See the tears fall.
    As they think back. To paraphrase another movie. The ones we celebrate had one central thought. 'My life for billions.' How I know, Flash Gordon would be proud. Remember that day. Those brave people taking over Flight 93. Driving the bird straight into the lush and green Pennsylvania ground.

Many brave souls touched the face of God that day. And remember all of our courageous soldiers who served and now serving in these subsequent wars.

Today, let us think of them. Their sacrifice. Their loyalty. It reminds us that freedom is never free.
    But we will never forget. EVER

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X