How's your driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's your driving?

In an effort not to usurp another thread, I offer this small opportunity. Tell us the foibles of other drivers that you have observed and indicate where you think they may have picked up these bad habits...
    to get started:

How to Identify Where a Driver is From

1. One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: Chicago.
    2. One hand on wheel, one finger out window: New York.
    3. One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting across all lanes of traffic: New Jersey.
    4. One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: Boston.
    5. One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat double decaf cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator, with gun in lap: Los Angeles.
    6. Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: Ohio, but driving in California.
    7. Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat: Italy.
    8. One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on radio game: Seattle.
    9. One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on brake, throwing McDonald's bag out the window: Texas.
    10. Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna: West Virginia.
    11. Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above windshield, driving 35 on the Interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on: Florida.

Don't forget TLAPD is Wednesday, Sept. 19th..ARRR!
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Gun in lap not allowed in LA. Otherwise add foot on brakes to control speed on jammed freeway.

Massive amounts of noise rattling the door panels from rap music played way too loud, clouds of smoke pouring out window, oversize spoke rims with skinny tires, loaded gun on lap. Hood rat driving in Sag Nasty

Driving too fast, running stop signs and red lights, cell phone plugged in ear with mouth running full tilt, never uses turn signals. Detroit area driver that just came off the freeway during rush hour.

Car going very slow in passing lane, driver's head barely visible above the dash, brake lights keep flashing, left turn signal on for miles before making that right turn by cutting across the outside lanes. Michigan Snowbird.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

In NH short coast, the reins in one hand the whip in the other and yelling giddy up.......to the husband.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

10. Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna: West Virginia
        No beer cans in the floor. Gun in console. Radio blaring. Raccoon tail on antenna. One hand on the wheel. Waves with the index finger, arm hanging out the window. Georgia.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

According to my girlfriend, I drive way to fast with the music blasting loud, and yelling obseneties at the people who I claim slow me down

Comment

There are two major kinds of drivers in Georgia. Those who can and those who can't. Those who can took all their lessons from NASCAR. Those who can't think they can and also took all their driving lessons from NASCAR. Each group has a major subgroup.

Those who can and drive safely. Yes, they too took lessons from NASCAR, but also the main lesson of the best way to survive a wreck is to not be in one.

Those who can't have the elderly with one foot always on the brake and the other always on the accelerator. They too took the lessons from NASCAR driving, but the wrong ones.
            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I'm close to the 'driving Nascar' method. I also yell out the window too.

Comment

Left hand on the steering wheel...right hand waving at everyone going the other way.
                Kentucky!!

John
                The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
                It's truly a simple concept.
                Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Yeah John. That's what the finger on the wheel's for. We wave at most everybody cause we know everyone around.

Comment

- 75 mph, drafting off the vehicle ahead using 6" of following distance. Seems inclined to make continuous left hand turns. - Atlanta, Georgia
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                      In an effort not to usurp another thread, I offer this small opportunity. Tell us the foibles of other drivers that you have observed and indicate where you think they may have picked up these bad habits...
                      to get started:

How to Identify Where a Driver is From

1. One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: Chicago.
                      2. One hand on wheel, one finger out window: New York.
                      3. One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting across all lanes of traffic: New Jersey.
                      4. One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: Boston.
                      5. One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat double decaf cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator, with gun in lap: Los Angeles.
                      6. Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: Ohio, but driving in California.
                      7. Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat: Italy.
                      8. One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on radio game: Seattle.
                      9. One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on brake, throwing McDonald's bag out the window: Texas.
                      10. Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna: West Virginia.
                      11. Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above windshield, driving 35 on the Interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on: Florida.

Don't forget TLAPD is Wednesday, Sept. 19th..ARRR!
                      Well as a pedestrien on the border of vic NSW I observe this

1. sign saying do not turn left but they do; Victorian
                      2: putting your blinker on at the last second; you prick most likely a Victorian
                      3. to much loud music and driving like a rev head: idiotic P platers
                      http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

does anyone else find the modern day car has blinkers hard to pick up specialy on round abouts?
                        http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

How about including driving 80-90mph, waving a single finger out the window, blasting music so loud the car next to you can hear it and cussing the old lady in front of you who can't drive -- Every young kid I know who just got their DL

Comment

I hate it when people pull out in front of you without enough room/speed to accelerate to keep up with traffic.

Or the nice people who see your blinker and speed up to cut you off from moving over into the lane you want.

Or the people who run up behind you, obviously going faster than you, ride your bumper and THEN move in to the lane next to you to pass.

Or the people who ride your bumper in an effort to get you to go faster, even though there is an empty lane next to you that could be used to pass you.

Or the people who drive like their a$$ is on fire, and then, when they get in front of you, they slow down.

I drive a lot for my job and I see most of these behaviors on a daily basis.
                            "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                            And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I see this in NE Ohio, my home area. Light rain no headlights, heavy rain no headlights, thick fog, no headlights, 1 am dark dark, no headlights..........sunny day, HEADLIGHTS?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X