Family members who haven't been seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family members who haven't been seen

Last month my niece had her bat mitzvah. Some of the people who were invited were my father's other family. Now I heard about them through the years. I didn't see them though until my dad's funeral. During the luncheon I spoke to my half-brother for the first time in 40 years. I thought he would reject me. I asked to be part of his family and liked to more about even though to me personally my father was a personally.

When I told my sister-in-law and 1st cousin they were happy for me. It was something I had to do.

Sometimes we have to. I call her my midget cousin cause she's 4'9" her maternal side I have no f--king use for. They're only out to get what they can get. After her only sister died at only 51, it was like they could care less. Her folks was dead. She had nothing for them. They refused to tell her that her last great aunt passed. Her own aunt waited 9 weeks AFTER the funeral to tell her. So she refused to tell any of them she was moving.None including her own half-brother, who is being a fraud, has not spoken to her in 7 1/2 years. I and the cousin who lives near her said she don't need them, they don't deserve her. I'm damn glad they ain't my side. I'd done chewed their ear to pieces. Several of us here have told her there is a special place in hell for folks like that. I know one thing for you Bullet. That is a big step. They may care for you more than you know. You deserve it mate.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My Mom and I haven't spoken to any of our family in 5 years. They choose not to have any contact with us, and after the last time, I wash my hands of them. I'm not bitter or anything, but I personally think it's best I never see them again.

-Matt
      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

It appears that we all have them, the aunt and niece that couldn't be bothered to come to her brother's funeral even though she only lived three miles from the funeral home.

I don't know how many attended her funeral since the daughter didn't even bother to contact anyone when her mother passed away two years later. The daughter, now 60, has no driver license, no high school education, does some part time work at Wendys, no husband, some friends from a small church, and lives mostly off the taxpayers in subsidized housing. All was caused by her helicopter mother pulling her out of junior high school and using her as a personal maid and caregiver.
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I haven't had any communiucation with my only brother for more that a decade now. No big falling out or anything like that we just drifted apart and I don't even have any way of contacting him now.

Comment

My father's cousin forgot to tell us her mother had died until 6 months later. We haven't spoken to them since then.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Me and my identical cousin, where we stay and he's a closer cousin to my 'little midget'(he has more room) We've made a pact. If she passes. No one will be told. Just us-we're her dad's side.
              And her adopted 'Pa' if he is still alive. No one else gives a damn but us. Oh, I can't forget there is one new cousin we found for her. He is totally different than the ones I have spoke of. Kinda like one of us. I sure wish I could get her on here. She is a bit bashful with folks she don't know. But all of us-the family issues we have-take a looksee at this. We're all family here. People here are different.(well a few anyway) But you all prove you do care about something. Whether it is politics or gaming, or pure history. I told her the people I've met here are way worthy than those people. And I mean it.
              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have three cousins, all born with webbed feet. One is a truck-driver with low-grade narcolepsy and penchant for stewed chestnuts. My other two cousins - big Steve and little Steve - are twins but have different mothers. The only way you can tell them apart is that one is about a foot and a half taller than the other one. My grandad used to say, "those two should be in the movies, they could be their own stunt doubles". That, of course, was before little Steve lost all his hair in a barbecue fire. Big Steve works as an auctioneer, which is all the more surprising since he has a cleft palate and a congenital stutter. Little Steve is a bouncer at the local feedlot. Did I mention he was born with two left hands? He tried to get them switched, but was advised it probably wouldn't help him all that much.

Comment

My Mom's oldest brother and his family tries to contact us every so often (I'm expecting another attempt soon...it's been about five years), and each time it's ended badly, the last time being the absolute worst. I've decided that if my Mom passes before her brother, his family won't be notified until after the funeral...I don't want them there.

-Matt
                  SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                    My Mom and I haven't spoken to any of our family in 5 years. They choose not to have any contact with us, and after the last time, I wash my hands of them. I'm not bitter or anything, but I personally think it's best I never see them again.

-Matt
                    You being from Martins Ferry and not a Steelers fan I can well understand your family breaking contact with such a misguided person.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Nice relatives, Skob...You don't happen to be from Epping, NH do you?
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X