Feels Like Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feels Like Family

I know I've only been on the board for a day, but I can already sense a feeling of family. Everyone comes together to discuss their favorite era of history. We may disagree, but I have yet to see any real bad mouthing or putting down of people. I think I have found my new home. Once again, thank you for allowing me to join the group.

Bubba

It is indeed one of the nice aspects of these boards rarely seen in the anonymity of cyberspace -

While discussions can get pretty heated, especially in PC, they're mostly settled in a humorous and civilized manner - if not the mods take care of it in like fashion
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

You will find people very willing to help, and all you have to do is ask.

A sense of humor is necessary at times, but that is life right?
      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

The sense of family around here is one of its primary attractions. If someone needs help, or is in trouble, or needs prayers, just watch how people flock to them to try to help. It's a wonderful thing to see.
        "If you want to have some fun, jine the cavalry"

Maj. Gen. James Ewell Brown Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by TheBubba View Post
          I know I've only been on the board for a day, but I can already sense a feeling of family.
          Yeah: the Manson family.

Originally posted by TheBubba View Post
          I have yet to see any real bad mouthing or putting down of people.
          I take it that you haven't met Mountain Man yet.

Rimshot
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

The Mansons???? Hardly

Is more like it

Bubba, THANK YOU for joining us.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I liked 'The Addams Family" much better....welcome to the mansion, man...
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Bubba, I think you can really enjoy this site. If you love history, you are in the best damn site around. Like fleshly brothers, some times we get into wrestling matches, the odd hay maker is thrown, and someone ends up with a bloody nose. But in most cases, things go back to normal and we move on.
                If you have served in the military, have a dad or uncle or even a grandfather, PLEASE share your stories. If it is just an interest in a war and its not too far in the past, you will find vets who are ready and willing to fill in the blanks.
                Have a great time here,
                D1
                "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

The site has alot of hostility but I do have friends as well as enemies.
                  First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                    The site has alot of hostility but I do have friends as well as enemies.
                    Only from the immature. I think we have all been guilty at times but its what you do today that really matters. At least that is my take on it.
                    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                    - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

My experience on forums is bad. One mod dislikes you and finds a reason to ban. Happens every time. Or a mod dislikes your views and then gets mad you don't side with him plus he insults me numerous times banned again. These are of course not here while finding unsavoury members I've made numerous friends too.

Comment

It's been my experience that mods are people, too. They have good days and bad days. Most times, it takes persistence to get banned. So, if you find yourself getting banned frequently, it might be a good idea to check your mirror.
                        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

At what? Other peoples biases and abuse of power? It happens alot on forums the mod in question is banned her and on two other forums.

Comment

If the mods are out of control, what point is there in participating in the forums? You and your friends should move to another forum where there is less drama. If it's a case of abuse of power, the forum owners will remove the mod or the forums will cease to exist except for the mod and his cronies. If it's user error, then I stick by my initial statement.
                            "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                            And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I have met many wonderful people here. And some are mods. I have friends here I'd also trust with my life. Dog is one of them. Whether he knows it or not, so is Slick.
                              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X