Gunny Lee Ermey fired by Geico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunny Lee Ermey fired by Geico

According to retired Marine drill instructor R. Lee Ermey, Geico fired him for criticizing Barack Obama, TMZ reported Sunday.

http://www.examiner.com/article/r-le...ticizing-obama

It makes sense because Geico is owned by Warren Buffett who has been Obama's poster boy since day one of his rein.

GEICO!
    Skip

Comment

I prefer Flo and Flobot. Although I don't have Progressive.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

R. Lee Ermey worked for GEICO? GEICO is my insurance and I never seen a single commercial with him in it. All I saw was the pistachio nut commercial with him in it.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I haven't either Richard. I have no idea where he was.
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I loved him in the Geico commercial. Geico may have made a serious mistake since Emery has a fan following!!!!
            I have USAA myself, He can be found in a number of movies such as "Full Metal Jacket" and my favorite "The Frighteners".

Comment

"Tissue"?

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Seems that they have a problem with paid actors make very visible political points, on EITHER side rather than a problem with a conservative actor. From the link inside the story the OP quoted:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/geico...ial-murderers/

Lance Baxter, AKA “D.C. Douglas,” the voice actor most notable for his work in GEICO commercials, has been dismissed from his job for using his highly recognizable voice to leave a voicemail in the mailbox of Tea Party group Freedomworks asking how many of its members were “mentally retarded” and what the response would be when a member inevitably killed someone
                Same time frame as the other firing. They are consistant. If you are a public face or voice for the company, they don't like controversial statements. If you want to make such statements, don't take on a job with them. Pretty simple.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  Seems that they have a problem with paid actors make very visible political points, on EITHER side rather than a problem with a conservative actor. From the link inside the story the OP quoted:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/geico...ial-murderers/

Same time frame as the other firing. They are consistant. If you are a public face or voice for the company, they don't like controversial statements. If you want to make such statements, don't take on a job with them. Pretty simple.
                  GEICO does appear to be taking a balanced approach to protecting the corporate name. I don't see how they can be accused of bias.

When did Ermey do a Geico commercial? Must be a very old ad because I don't recall seeing him in one for quite a while. Politics aside, dropping him is a smart business move.

I think Ermey, only an honorary gunny, is no longer as relevant as he once was and his impact on the market is negligible at very best. None of his work of any notariety is recent. Mail Call was cancelled in 2009 and isn't even shown as reruns now.

If you're going to list his credits, don't omit his role as the player kissing high school football coach in "Saving Silverman"!

Regards,
                  Dennis
                  Last edited by D1J1; 29 Aug 12, 06:33.
                  If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Never had Geico insurance but I've heard from a few that have and they said it sucked. This confirms it.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Geico has officially stated that they decided to do a different kind of commercial and simply did not renew his contract.
                      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                        Never had Geico insurance but I've heard from a few that have and they said it sucked. This confirms it.
                        I got Geico. Never had a problem with them.
                        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Geico decided to go with the Australian - sounding lizard to make its pitch...
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

If it came down to his political viewpoints, he should sue them. If it is the case, I hope he gets a big pay day. I say it is just CRAP!
                            "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                            - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Never cared about the stupid lizard anyway and I won't by their insurance.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X