Brunswick County NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick County NC

I have started to do some web surfing about communities in Brunswick County NC. It looks like a great place to retire with plenty of golf, beaches and access to other activities in Wilmington amd Myrtle Beach.

To that end, I'm wondering if anyone here lives in this County especially in the Towns of Shallotte, Calabash, Leland and Carolina Shores. Any information you provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    God Save The Republic.

Don't live there... but been there many times. Have relatives in Wilmington.
    Played HS baseball and football all around there too. Ask away.

But... it seems you have it pegged already. Lots of golf, lots of beaches, plenty to do. And I don't know if you are married but... many good-looking ladies . Carolina Girls ya know.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
      I have started to do some web surfing about communities in Brunswick County NC. It looks like a great place to retire with plenty of golf, beaches and access to other activities in Wilmington amd Myrtle Beach.

To that end, I'm wondering if anyone here lives in this County especially in the Towns of Shallotte, Calabash, Leland and Carolina Shores. Any information you provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
      The Child Bride and I are working on the same project. We are looking at one of our road trips, probably starting in early October, to the Carolinas and Georgia to check out a few communities for our retirement years.

Who knows, we might wind up neighbors!

Best regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Right... field trip for you guys .
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

We have vacationed there a number of times. Some friends of ours have a house on Bald Head Island and have been kind enough to permit us to use it.

My favorite dive seafood restaurant in the world is in Southport (the Yacht Basin Provision Co., which is also known as Provisions), and the beaches are nice. You're close enough to Wilmington to enjoy what it has to offer, and you're also only an hour or so from Myrtle Beach. We have often discussed the possibility of buying a beach house on either Holden or Sunset Beaches. You could do a whole lot worse.

If you have specific questions, please ask me.

Eric
          "If you want to have some fun, jine the cavalry"

Maj. Gen. James Ewell Brown Stuart

Comment

Thanks Dennis, Greg and Eric . This region seems to have just about everything . I especially like the idea that Wilmington is just a short drive away with all that a city can offer. I might take a course or two at UNCW for personal enrichment.

After spending my entire life in the shadow of New York ,riding the Long Island Railroad for many years to work in Manhattan and paying some the highest cost of living expenses in the Nation ; I think I'm ready for a change.
            God Save The Republic.

Comment

Tom,

One of my fraternity brothers owns three restaurants in and around Wilmington. If you need any recommendations, just ask.

And if you like New York style pizza--living on Long Island, I assume you do--do I have a place for you......

Eric
              "If you want to have some fun, jine the cavalry"

Maj. Gen. James Ewell Brown Stuart

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X