Hello Isaac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Isaac!

Of course,Isaac is not coming bearing gifts,unless you're in a 140+ day drought ridden state,as I am right now in Southeastern Illinois. Isaac is posed by Friday night to slambang right here on the Ohio. We may not get it bad here. Maybe 2-6" of rain,which they need. They are in a 16"+ deficit.

For those who are in harms way,we say a prayer for you all.
    God keep you safe til we meet again.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The damn government is dragging its heels I see. It took them 24 hours to call Brother Isaac a f--king hurricane. Damn. 20+ of rain?? My Lord.

Comment

What? Isaac is a hurricane now??
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Uh-huh. As of 11 A.M. CT.

Comment

Hows Nawlins holding up? I heard the Levees failed in some of the rural parishes outside the city. I expect though that the Orleans Prish Levee system will hold up with the $14 billion in upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
            The damn government is dragging its heels I see. It took them 24 hours to call Brother Isaac a f--king hurricane. Damn. 20+ of rain?? My Lord.
            Issac didn't become a hurricane until sustained wind speed exceeded 64 kt (74 mph). It became a hurricane until just before landfall.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

NASA satellite captures moonlit image of Isaac.

Philip
              "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Hurricanes can be so fascinating. Just as fascinating to me is why people choose to live there and why their houses aren't built up to keep them out of the flood waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                  Hurricanes can be so fascinating. Just as fascinating to me is why people choose to live there and why their houses aren't built up to keep them out of the flood waters.
                  It is rather hard building a house to avoid 30+ feet of above normal tidal surges with huge waves created by tornado force winds exceeding 150 mph during Katrina. New Orleans was just severely flooded by Katrina, the Mississippi coastline was stripped clean for up to 12 miles inland.
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Thank you Phil for that satellite photo. Wow. I love photos like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                      It is rather hard building a house to avoid 30+ feet of above normal tidal surges with huge waves created by tornado force winds exceeding 150 mph during Katrina. New Orleans was just severely flooded by Katrina, the Mississippi coastline was stripped clean for up to 12 miles inland.
                      New Orleans was built eighteen feet below sea level. Hurricanes come every summer. It's a good bet that, occasionally, one is going to get up New Orleans way. So, logically, either hurricane proof your city or don't build one there.
                      "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                      And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

You know their insurance ain't cheap neither!

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post

Comment

You all think Hurricane Isaac is something. Hurricane Kirk will be worse! I just saw his report on the Weather Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                            I believe hurricanes are catergorized by wind speed and not how much rain the storm drops.
                            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I know that. It was frustrating to many government officials down there that they drug their feet when they had gusts over 80, and after I think Jindal complained, it was named a Cat. 1.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X