Ei ei ooh! (samurai cheer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ei ei ooh! (samurai cheer)

I passed my Ni Dan examination in Iaido today. It was a two hour ordeal of 34 separate waza or forms and two hayanuki series in which I had to string the individual sets of waza together into a continuous form where I was drawing, cutting and resheathing without break for over ten minutes.

My weapon is fairly heavy so my arms were pretty tired past an hour and a half. Part of this was observing other practitioners and critiqueing their performance.

Of this, I had only five minor errors and got top marks for cutting precision and power.

I'm already a Ni Dan in Kendo, the combative art wearing armor and hope to take the San Dan exam in November.
    TTFN

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
    I passed my Ni Dan examination in Iaido today. It was a two hour ordeal of 34 separate waza or forms and two hayanuki series in which I had to string the individual sets of waza together into a continuous form where I was drawing, cutting and resheathing without break for over ten minutes.

My weapon is fairly heavy so my arms were pretty tired past an hour and a half. Part of this was observing other practitioners and critiqueing their performance.

Of this, I had only five minor errors and got top marks for cutting precision and power.

I'm already a Ni Dan in Kendo, the combative art wearing armor and hope to take the San Dan exam in November.
    Congratulations Alice..
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Comment

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Here the perfect smiley for this thread...

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Well done Alice, great news!
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
            Mark Twain.

Comment

Impressive! Well done and good luck in November.
              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Congratulations!!! on passing your Ni Dan examinations Kendoka Girl.

Comment

Congratulations, Kendoka Girl!

Comment

Thanks guys! I love that smiley, P
                    TTFN

Comment

Way to go!

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

K-GIRL YOU ROCK!!!
                        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

One step closer to Jūdan!

The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Congratulations Alice!.
                            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Congrats Alice
                              That cheer sounds like the witch in the Wizard of Oz's henchmen, only backwards. Maybe that is how they got it?
                              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X