Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Law Enforcement Agency Reform Proposal

Hi,

I had an idea and would like to develop it, into a formal proposal to submit to my local Congressional election cycle. Since nothing will get done, until after, the November elections.

I'm aware that the Department of Homeland Security (D.H.S) was created after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. In hopes of preventing "sharing of intelligence" failure between federal law enforcement agencies.

However in my opinion and I will cite examples, the agency has failed and just created a larger mess, than it was mean't to fix.

A few examples in why I say this, will be listed below:

ATF: Mexican cartels paid to inform for FBI, DEA

ATF “Fast and Furious” Top Gun Trafficking Suspects Were FBI, DEA Informants

I'm sure there have been load's of other missions etc, that have not, been revealed or leaked yet to the general public. Which is my primary reason in posting this topic.

My basic proposal is:

To eliminate all 21 different Federal Government law enforcement agencies and then create one federal law enforcement agencies. And this one agency will have 21 seperate divisions that cover all the roles these 21 federal agencies are meant to cover. Therefore this one agency, would have the same paper work, standard operating proceedures, protocols, and information passing proceedures. In every division. Then this will, though it won't be perfect...significantly reduce the intelligence sharing problem and also have large long term fiscal budget savings, after, the agency and all changes are completed.

What do you guys think, of the basic, proposal I have?

Thank's for sharing your thoughts.
    Sincerely,

G

Hey, basically that is what Homeland Security SAYS it does. It's been a hopeless bureaucratic process of nonsense. I don't even like the name "Homeland Security" reminds of something the USSR or Hitler would have come up with.
    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

It's a wonderful idea and likely the "right" idea.

There was an idea to merge the four services too. The terrible reality is that, in a human system, logic rarely wins out. Petty fiefdoms, bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake, ancient animosities and entrenched aristocratic rulership are difficult, if not impossible, to overcome. I know a number of "legacy" Customs people and it seems that the merge with Immigration into BICE was nothing short of a disaster.

I was embedded in one of these types of organizations and I think that, in order for anything positive to actually happen, three things would have to happen -

The culture of nobility among upper managers has to be adjusted so that the mission comes before titles and birthrights.

Mindless bureaucracy for bureacracy sake must be weeded out as it's a form of control and a fiefdom in its own sense.

The sense of us vs. them within the community has to be overcome and the focus put upon a common threat.

I think one other thing would be positive in this regard: a greater sense of realism in the legal community. The near absurdity in many legal rulings hamstrings any positive reform in the community and a culture of fear destroys the ability of the community to serve the greater good.

Just my own humble free speech opinions
      TTFN

Comment

I think we already have that agnecy that most all 21 fall under. DoJ?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Like Alice said this would be very hard to implement. Remember, we technically merged Border Patrol, Customs, and INS but in reality we really just merged Customs special agents and INS special agents into ICE. Border Patrol agents and Customs inspectors are still separate agencies under DHS.

What we should have done was completely merge all three agencies into one agency. One uniform, one Director, etc and keeping the separate uniformed and investigative career paths.

Now imagine trying to merge the US Supreme Court Police and the US Park Police with the US Capitol Police and the National Park Service law enforcement rangers with the Indian Affairs Police ...

Comment

We could say that anyone that takes an oath of service/office, be it a Private, General and so on swears to protect and defend the Constitution. That said, the Supreme Court is the "final" protectors of said Constitution, so logically speaking they are the head honcho's.

Even the Prez swaers to them, I guess sometimes he forgets. I was going to write a book on the subject, but I figured everyone would scream 7 Days in May at me.

It would be something to see, the Supreme's taking charge...
            In Vino Veritas

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
              Like Alice said this would be very hard to implement. Remember, we technically merged Border Patrol, Customs, and INS but in reality we really just merged Customs special agents and INS special agents into ICE. Border Patrol agents and Customs inspectors are still separate agencies under DHS.
              ...and Customs Air and Marine split off from Customs. They aren't Customs Inspectors anymore, either, but Officers, which doesn't make them happy.

Comment

I've been complained to by a cousin who's been in one of the DoJ offshoots for many years(16) and he says They have field offices and units or areas within the area of the office they can only go get someone or investigate-unless called in. He likes the way the Mounties are set up. Go from state to state without checking in and tracking their perp. It sounds logical. He says they should all in 2-3 departments be just U.S. Marshals and the U.S. Marshals would be a part of this as well.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X