Violence in society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violence in society

Violence is one of man's basest instincts.
    But which of our world's societies, or regions if you will, is the most violent ?
    US / North America
    47.62%
    Europe
    0.00%
    Arabic / Islamic Nations
    38.10%
    Asia
    4.76%
    Africa
    4.76%
    South America
    4.76%
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Hello,

If I had multi-picks, I'd pick Arabs and Africa, they're the savagest beasts I've seen, but oh gosh, that's completely politically incorrect for you liberals and leftists.

Arabs are taught to hate Jews from birth and their latest fashion is a vest strapped with suicide bombs and blow themselves up. Africa, well, let's say, they sure know how to fight a war that pales in comparsion to US Civil War or recent European wars.

China is definitely one of the most violent countries in the world, committing murders in form of abortions by hundreds of millions of people due to their policy of one-child per family and traditional preference of males. Moreover, China has one of the worst human rights record.

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

your networks

hey Guys,

The image of USA sent by your medias and your film let us undermine that your ARE a very violent country. it's why I vote for US.
      How many dead by minute ? a lot no ?
      I is told that in NY central park at night is a cutthroat place.

All of you have a weapon. I know it is in your constitution. But how to keep peace if for any reason you can get your gun and shoot.
      one of you was it cazn't go in some place without it's Sig ( a gun !!)
      We told Paris not a very safe place but mostly it is just a feeling, not a reality.

I don't JUDGE you, it is just the image we receive from your mass media

what's that knife, help call policeeeeeeeee arghhhh

Make me remember Monty python holly graal( go to the castel of arghhhhhh)

Der Wanderer
      The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
      JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
      The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

to continue on the same path, I just saw on the 13:00 news that a guy open fire against crowd in an US university
        Der Wanderer
        JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003

Comment

Yep we're a violent society all right. We seem to have fine-tuned it at many levels. Watch out! The lead gang member is the president. You're either with us or against us. Jihadi's beware! It can't be called a crusade (because the ultra-violent PC crowd will destoroy you if you do). But a counter-Jihad has been launched. The world must tremble at the juggernaut that has been loosed. Only Bin Laden was hoping for this when 9/11 was launched. All others must now join him cowering in fear.
          ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
          -the Firesign Theatre

Comment

Africa is clearly the most violent region on Earth right now. There are something like a dozen wars being waged in some form or another on the continent.

Europe is another very violent continent. Widespread peace only recently came to the region. Wars fought not only shaped the world, but accounts for a large portion of the estimated 100,000,000 plus people killed in war since recorded history began.

The US is certainly a violent location. Homicide rates here in America exceed most 1st World Nations.
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Re: your networks

Originally posted by jlbetin
              hey Guys,

The image of USA sent by your medias and your film let us undermine that your ARE a very violent country. it's why I vote for US.
              How many dead by minute ? a lot no ?
              I is told that in NY central park at night is a cutthroat place.
              This image (of USA) is given by our own media too, because it’s always better to speak about problems in other countries than in your. I don’t know the crime rates in Europe and in USA, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more or less the same, or even lower in USA for some types of crime. Russia has the higher crime rate in the world with Colombia. So I would say Russia concerning countries in peace.
              Otherwise it’s Africa, that’s sure !
              And concerning the less violent, I vote for Japan.

La Palice.
              Monsieur de La Palice est mort
              Mort devant Pavie.
              Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
              Il était encore en vie...

Comment

I saw somewhere that the French crime rate went higher than the US crime rate about the year 2000. Don't know what the crime rate is now though.
                "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                  I saw somewhere that the French crime rate went higher than the US crime rate about the year 2000. Don't know what the crime rate is now though.
                  Yes it's true, the "funny" thing here is that you don't hear that alot in our media
                  Which is not necessarely a bad thing, when you think about the impact of insecurity in media on the last presidential elections in France.

La Palice.
                  Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                  Mort devant Pavie.
                  Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                  Il était encore en vie...

Comment

One of the things not mentioned here is that every area of the world has a different "sort" of violence.
                    In Africa, it's mainly tribal fighting.
                    In the Middle East, to a great degree, it's a violence initiated by governments or their proxies.
                    While in the US, it's more of a societal violence: high crime rates, etc...
                    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

In France the main crime is batterd men by their wifes.
                      You don't know how men in can suffer in France due to women violence.
                      It's a nightmare

Der Wanderer hopefully divorced

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                        US friends,
                        I appologize, following the Chuck quote, I went on Internet and read this:
                        Le taux de criminalité en France a atteint en 2001 le chiffre record de 4 244 crimes pour 100 000 habitants.

Translation crime rate in France is 4244 for 100 000 inhabitants, Higher than US.

France seems to be a more violent country as US, shame on us

Der Wanderer

Comment

France has a higher crime rate then the US? I am stunned. What kind of crimes are we talking about? Not all crimes are the same.

How are the Germans doing?
                          Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

You should differentiate between violent crime and other crime.

I bet half of those crimes are employers working employees more than 35 hrs a week .

Compare violent crime and I'd be surpried if France had a higher crime rate than the US.
                            "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
                              In France the main crime is batterd men by their wifes.
                              You don't know how men in can suffer in France due to women violence.
                              It's a nightmare

Der Wanderer hopefully divorced

I can imagine. My mom and grandmother kicks *ss.
                              "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X