The Bike Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bike Ride

Today me and my friend had planned to go on back roads (Which is longer than taking a main road) to a big town near my house to get some pizza.

The roads went like this, you pull out of my house go a couple of feet to the left go up this road with giant hills, next you go down a BIG hill in which you go forward than you have to sharp turn down a 50 degree hill than sharp turn again to a long road to the pizza place.

I haven't been on this long road in years and forgot how it was like, little did me and my friend know is this would be one of the most fun, scariest, and most death defining biking trip I think we will ever have in our life.

We come down the giant 50 degree hill walking down it with our bikes when we reach the bottom we see a car go into the road we are about to go into, we both realize...

The road had enough room so the car would be on the edge and for bikers we would need to be on the grass basically, we thought "Okay fine we be on the grass that's all" also this road had a big creek.

Now my friend has a tiny kids bike in which you peddle back that's the brakes. I had a normal bike.
    We start on the road and it starts to get bad. To the left is a ya know big drop not so far down but the way down is t least 80 degree angle. To the right is a mountain slope and a ditch, we were so scared we walked with our bikes all the way till the last mile in which this road was 3. Yes the way there wasn't amazing nor scary but soon it would, we decided to start riding...

We hit the gravel part.....

It has gravel all in the middle and the side, the sides are dirt, lucky us we had mountain bikes...

The left side is a jaw dropping 85 degree at least 200 feet drop with NO fence or anything like that 1 mistake your gone. Plus this road had many curves which were blind spots, but there weren't huge hills here luckly. But instead giant potholes.....

We had to dodge these or else we would go flying off our bikes and die, so you would think we would go slow?

OH HELL NO! We went down there like a BOSS! 100 mph! Dodging my friends way behind me in charge of making us not get hit from the rear I'm in charge of the front every turn I said "I died." cause you never know about the cars. Than all the sudden we go down hill a car is coming we go and some how survie so now were going down this giant hill somehow make it without crashing.

Now we see the store and we cheer!

We eat and than....... The ride back.

The gravel wasn't bad so I'll skip it.
    We went down these hills so fast only saw one car, so now we get to a bad part another giant drop but this was SCARY but fun.

A epic hill we were already going fast, but at the end is a curve.

We both say screw it, my friend jolly does the cross symbol and we speed down there we didn't go to the safe side, we were 1 inch from dying... Luckly no one was at the curve I just can't explain it. We're doing it again

So this time I'll bring my Go Pro carma so you guys can see how scary this was and is. I bet this sounds boring, but wait till you see the video!

50 degree hill
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      50 degree hill
      Super big drop. Ya know the death road in Bolivia? This looks just like it but with no mountains just large hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        50 degree hill
        Yeah, that's amazing. I got up to 48mph about ten years ago down in Tennessee on a hill that probably wasn't more than a 10-12 percent (about 6-7 degrees) grade.

Comment

Ah to be young, dumb, and full of....well that part we will leave out until someone gets a bit older
          Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

[QUOTE=WWIIWWIpilot;2318104]

Now my friend has a tiny kids bike in which you peddle back that's the brakes. I had a normal bike.......................

It has gravel all in the middle and the side, the sides are dirt, lucky us we had mountain bikes...[QUOTE]

I'm more interested in the incredible magic trick that turned your friend's bike from tiny to mountain!
            Last edited by D1J1; 19 Aug 12, 04:57.
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIWWIpilot View Post
              Super big drop. Ya know the death road in Bolivia? This looks just like it but with no mountains just large hills.
              Youngin, save your BS for school or your Dad.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Sounds like a description of those daredevil shale pile trails that the dune buggy and dirt bike nuts would use for hill climbs.

A shortcut back road I used to use to save 30 miles of driving is Hubbard Lake Trail. It is a narrow winding dirt road that has stretches barely passable with a cut on one side and a dropoff on the other with no guard rail. The road got quite slippery in the winter or when it was raining. Because it carried so little traffic, you had to pay attention to which fork in that road to take or you would end up lost on State Forest land. Cell phones were useless in that area. Some people actually lived back there in the boonies. Last time I drove it the West section had been improved a lot for construction of a natural gas pipeline to newly drilled wells in that area.
                Last edited by SRV Ron; 19 Aug 12, 06:47.
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

AAAHHH I remember it well !!!!! I once made a parachute to be like big daddy Don Garlets and it actually worked three days after deployment of said Chute Mom was still scrubbing stone chip and tar outa my chin!!!!!!!!!

Comment

:/ I love how HPJ always has to get me pissed.

Watch the video we are doing this again, the kids bike had mountain bike tires.

Think before you say anything you both **** me off. I can't wait to prove you wrong.

Give me as many red beans as you want HPJ! Me and Joel were right, you can be an a
                    Last edited by WWIIWWIpilot; 19 Aug 12, 21:06.

Comment

Oh and also I got you a lot of green beans before you started to go hostile on me. I wish you could take them back if you could you would have only like 2 beans ya lucky one

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIWWIpilot View Post
                        Watch the video we are doing this again, the kids bike had mountain bike tires.
                        What video?

Comment

We're doing it again, so maybe the people who think I'm lying should read!!!!!

When we do it were putting on GoPros and riding on it.

Comment

We are doing this next month Half Pint.

Comment

You said to watch the video.

What video?

There is no video or there is a video?

Where is the video?

You just flappin' your lips or what?
                              Skip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse