Tariq Aziz - the US Mole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tariq Aziz - the US Mole

Well now we know who told the US where to find Saddam .

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?n...rticle&sid=782

Tariq Aziz Fingered Saddam Hussein for Death
    by Todd Brendan Fahey
    03/23/03 01:13 AM

Confidential Intelligence sources now report that Tariq Aziz, long-time aide to Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and nominal "Vice Premier" of Iraq, was the finger-man behind the U.S. bombing raid on Hussein's safe-house.

Aziz was reported to have defected to Northern Iraq and/or Iran early in the U.S. campaign, by various news networks, including Fox News and MSNBC. The "defection" is now being viewed as a ruse by the Pentagon's disinformation outlets, to protect Aziz against repercussions by Iraqi insiders.

According to sources, Aziz divulged whereabouts of his boss in exchange for guarantees by the United States for his own personal survival.

Developing...
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

So where is Saddam Hussein? It doesn't shock me to hear that Aziz gave SH. He probably was never especially popular in the regime and was mostly for public consumption. Isn't he Christian?
    Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Remember that series of US airstrikes that they thought may have nailed Saddam? Apparently Aziz gave them that info.

Yes, he's Christian. He had no real political power. He was a mouthpiece and being Christian was his asset. It's kinda like how Powell is in the Bush administration.
      "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
        He was a mouthpiece and being Christian was his asset. It's kinda like how Powell is in the Bush administration.
        Sorry I can't stand this assertion . It is a very rude insult against Tarek Aziz to compare him to the nothing "Romes failed"

Der Wanderer
        The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
        JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
        The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Yes, he's Christian. He had no real political power. He was a mouthpiece and being Christian was his asset. It's kinda like how Powell is in the Bush administration.
          Oooo... What's that supposed to mean?

Comment

Powell is a moderate among hawks. A black man among whites at a time when the Republican party needs the black vote.

Given the early differences of opinion between Powell and the rest of the top guns, I'd venture to say they didn't bring Powell in because of his political views.

When things are really bad and the US needed the support of another country - who did they send? Rummy? Dick? Nah, when it was serious they sent Powell.

Reminded me of when Iraq sent Aziz to go see the Pope. heh.

Comment

Powell is a moderate among hawks. A black man among whites at a time when the Republican party needs the black vote.

Given the early differences of opinion between Powell and the rest of the top guns, I'd venture to say they didn't bring Powell in because of his political views.

When things are really bad and the US needed the support of another country - who did they send? Rummy? Dick? Nah, when it was serious they sent Powell.

Reminded me of when Iraq sent Aziz to go see the Pope. heh.
              Actually, Collin Powell has been alienated from the black community for years. He's a Republican which is a no-no in most African American people's mind. Most importantly, he's not very outspoken about racial issues. That lead some black leaders to believe he is simply an "Uncle Tom." Harry Belefonte hopped on television before the war and said that much because Powell was not speaking out against war with Iraq.

To some people, particularly, many black activist like Al Sharpton (that *ss) if you don't talk a certain way, or scream about how the White man is oppressing you everyday, you're a sellout. No matter what your accomplishments are. Powell paved the way for many blacks by using his skills. However, since he don't walk with a limp, speak like he paid attention in High School, and use racism as a platform to serve his personal desires, people call him a sellout.

I served for years as an NAACP board member, but now, like Powell, people give me this strange look and think I'm a sellout. My uncle experienced the same thing. If anything, I've learned that racism doesn't have to be against another color.

Anyhow, Powell was selected as Sec. of State because he carries alot of support within the Republican Party. That chubby boy Gingrich tried to attack him, but it backfired and was seen as an attack on Bush. I pray Powell emerges from all this willing to serve another term as Secretary of State. I support the ideal that he's the only thing standing in the way of wreckless foriegn policy.
              "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Well, I don't know enough about US domestic politics to disagree on what you said, so I'll just take it at face value. Either way, Powell does seem to be the Bush administrations mouth piece and whether that's just perception or fact I'll leave to someone else to sort out.

Comment

i'm sorry but this is just a silly comment. to assert that a smart successful man like powell got where he is because he is a token black would insult me if i were black. he got the job because he's damn good at it. i suppose codaleeza rice got the job of national security advisor because she's black too? please don't offer up these insulting comments.
                  Publisher
                  Armchair General Magazine
                  Weider History Group

Comment

Powell is the mouth piece of the Administration. Not because he's black though. Mainly, it's due to the support and respect he has both domestically and internationally. Powell met alot of the people running countries today as he served the Reagan and Bush Sr Administrations. He worked closely with them during 1990-1991 Gulf War. Powell has alot of support from both Democrats and Republicans. The main reason for that is because few people know much about his views on taxes, abortion, etc. There was a push to make him Vice President. However, Bush wisely selected Powell for the more important role of Secretary of State.

Though a mouth piece, Powell is not frightened to make his view known to the President. However, I don't think he can dominate opinions like Rumsfield.

I was just pointing out that I don't Powell is the mouth piece because of his race. Alot of black politicians are very angry with guys like him. I know for a fact that the NAACP had a large faction who were upset when Powell chose to start his own organization help inner city kids. That's when the sellout crap started. Powell would have carried alot of weight for fundraising which about the only reason the NAACP wanted him, and others for.
                    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Keef

i'm sorry but this is just a silly comment. to assert that a smart successful man like powell got where he is because he is a token black would insult me if i were black. he got the job because he's damn good at it. i suppose codaleeza rice got the job of national security advisor because she's black too? please don't offer up these insulting comments.
                      I don't think MikeJ meant to be insulting. He's not familar with the domestic issues facing America. Appointments can be for political reasons. We all know Powell and for that matter Rice are more than capable of fulfilling their roles. MikeJ was pointing out that Bush might have appointed Powell to attract blacks to the Republican Party. However, there are a number of reasons why that's not the case.

If Bush did do it for endear himself and the Republican party to the black community, it's dangerous. Martin L. King was appointed by blacks to replace a controversial Minister who wanted to go on the offense against segregation. As it turned out, they replaced an old man with a vision, with a young man with the energy and skill to see it come true!

Comment

Powell is someone who has openly demonstrated affection for the known terrorist Arafat and openly expressed admiration for Fidel Castro. If this had been Clinton's administration, "conservatives" would have been screaming bloody murder. Powell is a perfect example of the facade that is posed as a debate between "conservatives" and "liberals". He, like the fake debate, is there to take up space and obscure the real issues. He is no Aziz. If anything, Bush is the Aziz here. He, at least, is sincere as I'm sure many who declare themselves liberals and conservatives are.

Remember, Powell had presidential ambitions at one time. Maybe he still does.

Comment

One thing I admire about Bush is one of the very same things I admired about Reagan...the ability to surrounded themselves with intellectual people; people that KNOW THEIR STUFF and the ability to let them DO THEIR JOB even though you may not always agree with what they have to say and are smart enough to listen to what they have to say. Wow, now THATS a run on sentence, but the Mrs is shouting for me so I'll have to leave it as it is :P

Comment

Well, someone quoted someone I have ignored so I got to see their comments :P.

I wasn't intending to insult Powell or say he is incapable. But the fact that his political views seem to be quite contrary (at least, to what degree - eg moderate<->extremist) to the rest of the big guns in the administration leaves me to believe there were other reasons for his appointment that were more important.

That Powell is sent out on "sensitive" diplomatic missions all the time is, imo, largely because of his moderate/dovish characterization. He is well spoken, no doubt, but the Bush administration could have easily found someone else who was more in line with the rest of the administration to be Sec. of State.

Domestically, whether or not it holds water (see Deltahpooh's post), he may have been able to attract the black vote. We all know the Republican party is particularly weak in that regards and as the black "minority" grows their political clout becomes ever more important.

I don't think I really need to point out that political appointments for political reasons are extremely common. As I said, it may not be PC, but it would be naive to think such an act is not possible. Remember, we're talking about politicians here :P.

He, like the fake debate, is there to take up space and obscure the real issues.
                            Which is why I consider him a mouthpiece. He puts a friendlier face (for the left and center - both at home and abroad) on the administrations policies... some which are rather controversial.

Comment

Perhaps Powell was chosen precisely because he has a different viewpoint. Good management is surrounding yourself with a diversity of opinions and making decisions after vigorous discourse.

I also find the argument that Powell is alienated from the Administration quite funny because it would seem to me Powell has consistently won the arguments within the administration.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X