Ambrosia's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambrosia's

Just wondering here what people relax with when they are not pontificating upon the state of the world.
    Blonde
    10.53%
    Amber
    15.79%
    Stout
    15.79%
    Some girly drink(like margaritas)
    15.79%
    Straight hooch
    5.26%
    Boilermakers
    0.00%
    I don't know,whatevers put in front of me..or is on sale..
    36.84%
    Last edited by John Paul; 19 Apr 03, 02:35.

How about yourself? You posted the poll, yet did not vote.
    Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Originally posted by SparceMatrix
      How about yourself? You posted the poll, yet did not vote.
      I have to play the part of non-interested observer,you know for research purposes

Comment

I don't drink. Maybe that's why I contemplate taking over the world so much

Although I should point out that I drink between 2 and 4 liters of Dr. Pepper per day
        "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
          Although I should point out that I drink between 2 and 4 liters of Dr. Pepper per day
          2 to 4 liters? Do you get withdrawl if you don't drink Dr.P for a couple of days?
          "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ

2 to 4 liters? Do you get withdrawl if you don't drink Dr.P for a couple of days?
            Coke or Sprite can hold me in an emergency. However, not for long. So I usually keep a good Dr. Pepper Reserve.
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
              I don't drink. Maybe that's why I contemplate taking over the world so much

Me too.

I don't like alcohol. It should be outlawed, and despite what people thought about the Prohibition Era, the crime rates actually went down, it's just that they're not usually shown in photographs and newspaper articles back then.

I view alcohol as the worst kind of all drugs, simply because it is legal.

Anyway, please excuse my rants. I drink Diet Coke regularly, averaging about 4 to 6 cans per day.

Dan
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I don't like alcohol. It should be outlawed, and despite what people thought about the Prohibition Era, the crime rates actually went down, it's just that they're not usually shown in photographs and newspaper articles back then.
                It went up, actually. Way, way up. And it created the capital for the vital existance of organized crime as it exists today. It is probably the influence of this organized crime that created the Drug War which has proven even profitable than the Prohibition of Alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by SparceMatrix

It went up, actually. Way, way up. And it created the capital for the vital existance of organized crime as it exists today. It is probably the influence of this organized crime that created the Drug War which has proven even profitable than the Prohibition of Alcohol.
                  Wrong. The crimes actually went DOWN. It's not just about the organized crimes, it is about reducing the crimes across the board -- murder, rapes, bank robberies, assaults, and other charges that were influenced in part by alcohol.

The media is famous for focusing on one side of a story. Everybody thought the crimes went up because of the organized crimes, and the publicity they received. It's false. There are many satistics out there that prove this, that the crimes did go DOWN, not up.

Even if you try to justify legalizing alcohol, it's moot, because it causes so much grief and unnecessary losses of lives. I remember back in middle school, I was saddened by news that four of popular high school students (two of them were former students) were killed in a brutal car accident due to influence of alcohol while driving. Time and Time again, I have seen many students and innocent people getting MURDERED by alcohol because somebody thought it fun to drink a few glasses of alcohol.

It's sickening to say at least. It's offensive, I don't like alcohol, never tried it, and don't care about it.

If you were to ask me two choices and you can only pick one. A.) Kill Saddam Hussein, B.) Make alcohol illegal and a capital crime (which would be equal to death penalty). I would pick B, no doubt about it. The alcohol has killed more people in America than Saddam Hussein has killed our US troops. Thousands of lives daily are being slowly ruined by a few glasses of alcohol, and I have no stomach to watch that kind of devastating influence that has taken hold of our young generations.

Anybody supplying alcohol ought be punished by death penalty -- don't expect me to shed tears. I would rather have bartenders line up and be shot to death. Don't expect much sympathy from me.

Screw alcohol.

Dan
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Ouch.

That's a little harsh.

I was going to make a joke about teatotallers, but I think I'll forego that in this case. Dan, you have a point. (Several good ones, actually). But it's still an extremist's viewpoint. I drink. I'm having a beer right now. (First one this week, and probably the last for the next I dunno how long). I only drink beer. I've never driven drunk. I've never committed a crime, let alone when I was drinking. I've never killed anyone, or caused any fuss due to beer. It relaxs me, and the mild depressant effects have on occassion allowed me to defeat bouts of insomnia.

I love the taste. I truly enjoy it.

People drive cars. They get road rage. They kill each other. Car salesmen should be summarily executed. Detroit should be nuked. Drunk people couldn't drive if those assholes didn't make cars.

Hey, further it a bit. PEOPLE make the decisions to abuse alcohol. And guns. And drugs. They start wars. They murder. Rape. Let's outlaw people.

Sounds silly and extreme. But it's really not, Dan. You make no mention of the zillion of us that don't abuse alcohol, and enjoy it responsibly. But if you wish to judge the clan by the few assholes, then my above should hold true by your viewpoint, and all humanity should be destroyed.

(Hey, that would end the drinking problems, no? )

Caffeine is a harmful, addictive drug. You consume considerable amounts of it everyday, and also an unhealthy amount of sugar, as well, if you're putting down 2 - 4 litres a day.

Also! A beer a day reduces the chance of stroke, and has one other benefit that I can't recall offhand. (lowers cholesterol?)
                    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Upon reading over my post, I also want to make it clear that I'm only rebutting, I'm not POed or 'attacking' Dan or his views. They're fine. For him.

Just like beer is fine for me; and frankly, that's the only viewpoint that matters to me!

"When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

I voted Stout, but my real addiction is Mountain Dew. I can't get enough of the stuff. Makes my typing real crappy though...
                        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Our lager,
                          Which art in barrels,
                          Hallowed be thy drink.
                          Thy will be drunk,
                          (I will be drunk),
                          At home as in the tavern.
                          Give us this day our foamy head,
                          And forgive us our spillages,
                          As we forgive those who spill against us.
                          And lead us not to incarceration,
                          But deliver us from hangovers.
                          For thine is the beer, The bitter and The lager.
                          Forever and ever,
                          Barmen

Winston Churchill

Comment

Beer is my second favorite drink in the world. The first, by a wide margin, is milk.

Winston Churchill

Comment

That's just ridiculous. During prohibition not only did people not quit drinking, but people began to be arrested for drinking too. And all the contemporary reports about Prohibition's contribution to organized crime were true. It is a legacy we suffer with to this very day. Next to slavery, it was the most belligerently stupid thing this country ever did. Both are quickly followed by the Drug War.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X