New place names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New place names

US intelligence has discovered that Iraqis have changed the place names of several locations throughout the country to better reflect the landscape after the war.

Wherz-Myroof
    Mykamel-Isded
    Okraph-Disisbad
    Wadi-El-Izgowinon
    Kizz-Yerbuht-Goodbi
    Ikanstan-Disnomore
    Wha-Tahel-Wazi-Tinkin
    Myturbin-Izburnin

Some might consider it a little grim, but hey, it's funny.

Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Re: New place names

Originally posted by tigersqn
    US intelligence has discovered that Iraqis have changed the place names of several locations throughout the country to better reflect the landscape after the war.

Wherz-Myroof
    Mykamel-Isded
    Okraph-Disisbad
    Wadi-El-Izgowinon
    Kizz-Yerbuht-Goodbi
    Ikanstan-Disnomore
    Wha-Tahel-Wazi-Tinkin
    Myturbin-Izburnin

Some might consider it a little grim, but hey, it's funny.

Yeah sure it is.

Comment

Naaaw, that was cute, Pierre!
      "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis
        Naaaw, that was cute, Pierre!
        The war has barely been over for two days and sick jokes are surfacing already - that is not cute IMHO. It is not funny either. Now if there were some jokes about US personnel KIA then I imagine that someone would be booted off the forum.

P.S.

Iraqi's tend not to wear turbans.

Comment

As a Brit, you of all people should know that humor is one way to get through tough times. It is also a sign that life is moving on.

Nothing is sacred these days. I even heard an Abe Lincoln joke the other day.

Q: Did you know that Abraham Lincoln was Jewish?

A: Yes, he was shot in the temple.

I didn't say it was funny!...ok, maybe a little

Comment

Originally posted by Marko

The war has barely been over for two days and sick jokes are surfacing already - that is not cute IMHO. It is not funny either. Now if there were some jokes about US personnel KIA then I imagine that someone would be booted off the forum.
            Not from me.

As long as something is not meant in a derogatory fashion (I can generally tell), I find nothing wrong with a little humor. Those that know about me know I'll laugh at anything, Marko, especially myself! And if a person can laugh at himself, in good humor, I believe that gives him a right to laugh at whatever else he chooses.

The alternative is to cry.

We've already got a little too much of that in the world, Marko. Pain shared is divided, and joy shared is multiplied.

PS - Marko, I also recall astronaut jokes the same day that the latest NASA disaster went up. These things are part of life.
            "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis

Not from me.

As long as something is not meant in a derogatory fashion (I can generally tell), I find nothing wrong with a little humor. Those that know about me know I'll laugh at anything, Marko, especially myself! And if a person can laugh at himself, in good humor, I believe that gives him a right to laugh at whatever else he chooses.

The alternative is to cry.

We've already got a little too much of that in the world, Marko. Pain shared is divided, and joy shared is multiplied.

PS - Marko, I also recall astronaut jokes the same day that the latest NASA disaster went up. These things are part of life.
              Good point. Astronaut jokes the same day - I did not see any - but that is sick. Brave guys and gals. I would **** my pants taking off in a shuttle, I don't even like the big wheel.

Comment

(Nothing to see here, move along)
                "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

THese names are hardly knew. I saw them shortly after the taliban got it's ass kicked. Some genious just filed off afganistan and put iraq in it's place.
                  "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
                  Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

See on an US Marine map near Republican Palace in Baghdad

WheRaillepout MailGoalDaine KaallahSchnickAof
                    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X