Yes or no and briefly why?
    YES
    37.50%
    NO
    35.42%
    HARD TO SAY
    27.08%
    Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

I voted No. Not necessarily because I don't THINK he'll win; mainly because I HOPE he doesn't win.
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

I voted no for exactly the same reason as tigersqn
      "Teamwork is essential - it gives the Enemy someone else to shoot at"

Comment

I voted that Idon't know. He still hasn't secured my vote yet.

_Tim
        "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

I voted "No" because I think the economy will end up biting him in the ass just like it did his father. Especially if Rumsfeld and company continue to rattle sabres.

Comment

Don't know because it depends if he can get the economy working, and how the situation in the middle east settles out. For me at least, it's more a question of if I vote for bush, or whomever runs against him in hte primary.
            "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
            Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

I voted yes. He will be re-elected. He will certainly have a lot more support than he did in the first election. It's very difficult to unseat a sitting president. The "its the economy" strategy the democrats used to oust the first Bush will not work this time. They might just be stupid enough to try to play that card again. It's hard to imagine myself voting for anyone other than Bush, since even though he is liberal he's likely to be the most conservative person running. The reason I feel that Bush will be re-elected is that the general mood is "thank God Gore wasn't president after sept. 11".
              "Speaking here in my capacity as a polished, sophisticated European as well, it seems to me the laugh here is on the polished, sophisticated Europeans. They think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and ignorant and so on. And they've taken as their own Michael Moore, as their representative American, someone who actually embodies all of those qualities." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Maybe

I don't know. It depends on how the economy is, how the Middle East is, and who the Democrats nominate to run against him.
                "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Win or no, Bush has the dubious honor of being the US's first ever President-Select, instead of President-Elect.
                  "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis
                    Win or no, Bush has the dubious honor of being the US's first ever President-Select, instead of President-Elect.
                    Not true. Get to know your history. Haven't you ever heard of the election of 1876?

http://www.msys.net/cress/ballots2/1876_who.htm

Also, Bush WAS elected constitutionally in accordance with the electoral college.
                    "Speaking here in my capacity as a polished, sophisticated European as well, it seems to me the laugh here is on the polished, sophisticated Europeans. They think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and ignorant and so on. And they've taken as their own Michael Moore, as their representative American, someone who actually embodies all of those qualities." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

If i could vote i woud say yes,many people denigrate his alleged simplicity but its something about him i like.Bush has about as much to do with the downturn in the economy as Clinton did with the upturn when he was elected.

If anyone is interested do a search for William Safires OP-ED pieces,before the election of 2000 he surmised that it would be better if Gore was elected because all indicators were pointing to a downward turn in the economy,and the dems would have to shoulder the burden of blame when it happened,if Bush was elected than he would be made the scapegoat.

If nothing else he has shown the world that the US is not its "bitch" that Clinton led so many to believe.Before any of you flame me for this comment guess what?I'm not even a conservative,hell i even believe in a social saftey net for the truely needy.I vote for whom i feel will best represent my countries interests in the world and i feel that Bush is far and above the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul
                        If nothing else he has shown the world that the US is not its "bitch" that Clinton led so many to believe.
                        That's right.
                        "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

hmm.. two questions:
                          #1. John: what do you mean "if I COULD vote.."... can't you?

#2. Who the ... put on that 1 star rating for this? I mean, I just want to know why on earth this topic worth that 1 star rating by any means? Please help to keep the dignity of this forum, friends.
                          Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by kid kool

Get to know your history.
                            I'm a Canadian. lol! If you want us to know that, you better make a new 'School House Rocks' episode!

"When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by ER_Chaser
                              hmm.. two questions:
                              #1. John: what do you mean "if I COULD vote.."... can't you?
                              Perhaps still a minor?

#2. Who the ... put on that 1 star rating for this? I mean, I just want to know why on earth this topic worth that 1 star rating by any means? Please help to keep the dignity of this forum, friends.
                              Vote it 5 stars yourself. The forum averages these things out. If soemone simply did the first vote at 1 star, then 1 star rating it is. Until the next vote!

Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X