Napoleonic Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleonic Uniforms

Hey guys my name is Kristjan Wales. Recently I've been studying Napoleonic Uniforms (1803-1815) I recently finished a short reference book on Napoleons Line Infantry so if anyone has any questions on that please ask. Anyway, let me get to the point. I have begun studying british uniforms (1803-1815) and I am having some problems with unit Regimental insignia and distinctions. I have been wondering what the difference is between a JB,FB,P and S loop. I know they belong on the buttons on the coatee, but I don't know the difference between them. Please send feedback if you have any ideas. Your contribution would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Sharpe aka. Kristjan Wales. I suggest that you post this tread in the Napoleonic Era forums, where you will get a lot more specific answers about this.
    The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Thanks. Where do i find that?
      Last edited by Mr.Sharpe; 25 Feb 11, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sharpe View Post
        Thanks. Where do i find that?
        If you scroll up to the top of this page you will see an open file Icon with the title 'Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History'. Click on those exact words and it will send you to the forums listing page. Scroll down and click on the Napoleonic Era title, and it will send you to the Napoleonic topics site. Whilst you are there, take time to study the Stickie 'best Uniform' and 'Favourite Nap pic' topics, you will be amazed at the uniform plate archives that have been amassed. as things stand It looks as if it will become the most comprehensive archive of its type on the forums circuit.

I hope to see you posting there

PS.
        Don't feel intimidated by all the knowledgeable enthusiasts you find on there as they will do all they can to help you with any request you ask no matter how simple and the welcome will be both warm and inviting. Remember, we all embarked on this Napoleonic history saga as an unknown part of history, we still sail on that historical ocean, always learning something new and always hoping never to see land.

Paul
        Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 25 Feb 11, 10:00.
        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
        All human ills he can subdue,
        Or with a bauble or medal
        Can win mans heart for you;
        And many a blessing know to stew
        To make a megloamaniac bright;
        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Welcomw Mr. Sharpe to the forum
          the gentleman above gave you the best advice here so hopefully
          we will see you on the Napoleon Forum.