Blues Fan Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Fan Club

Thought we might start a new Blues Thread. Much of what we're posting doesn't really fall under Personalizing the Blues. As much as I like Tab Benoit, he'd be the first to agree he's no Muddy Waters.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    — Groucho Marx

Originally posted by Catman View Post
    Thought we might start a new Blues Thread. Much of what we're posting doesn't really fall under Personalizing the Blues. As much as I like Tab Benoit, he'd be the first to agree he's no Muddy Waters.
    Sign me up.

The blues tells a story. Every line of the blues has a meaning.
    John Lee Hooker
    "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Johnny Winter

Listening to JW today, and amazed by his guitar prowess (again). Check out this performance.

Johnny Winter takes a Dylan tune, turns it from a folk-singer/troubadour song into a blues guitar/ get up off yo ass/ stomp.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      — Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by randrmd View Post
        Sign me up.

The blues tells a story. Every line of the blues has a meaning.
        John Lee Hooker
        I was counting on you and our dear friend Persephone!
        — Groucho Marx

Comment

Listening to JW today, and amazed by his guitar prowess (again). Check out this performance.

Johnny Winter takes a Dylan tune, turns it from a folk-singer/troubadour song into a blues guitar/ get up off yo ass/ stomp.
          Mean Town Blues is my favorite Johnny Winter tune. I remember when my brother brought home the Johnny Winter And album and played that song for me. I was hooked on Johnny ever since.

Johnny's version of Highway 61 Revisted kicks butt. He doesn't look a day over 80 in this video, but he can still play.
          "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Blues Brothers aren't bad-can't say I listen to that anymore though...

I love it in the movie when on that song he's like "You, me; THEM *while motioning to the state troopers*...
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

I was counting on you and our dear friend Persephone!
              I almost missed this thread! I don't give the Intro forum much attention. Will this thread eventually be transferred to the Juke forum or will it remain in Intro?

I am absolutely IN! I will make regular contributions, for sure.

FYI...EC's new album, "Clapton", is already out in Japan and Germany, but won't be released in U.K. and U.S. until next week. Cannot wait!

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                I almost missed this thread! I don't give the Intro forum much attention. Will this thread eventually be transferred to the Juke forum or will it remain in Intro?

I am absolutely IN! I will make regular contributions, for sure.

FYI...EC's new album, "Clapton", is already out in Japan and Germany, but won't be released in U.K. and U.S. until next week. Cannot wait!

I put in here by accident; never started a thread before and made a beginner's mistake. I've asked an administrator about moving it. We'll see.

I heard EC's new album was a joint effort with Sheryl Crow. I'm not too crazy about her, but I may just have to get it anyway!
                — Groucho Marx

Comment

New Thread Started

Started a new thread for this over at the Juke Box in the Barracks. Please join us there.
                  — Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X