Ross Carter's DEVILS IN BAGGY PANTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross Carter's DEVILS IN BAGGY PANTS

As I stated in a previous posting, I'm one of those people who find the identifying of Carter's buddies to whom he gave false names to be a very interesting project. As I am membership chairman of the Col. Reuben Tucker (C.O., 504 PIR, WW2 ) Chapter, 82nd. Abn. Div. Assn., I have been able to talk to some of the remaining members of our chapter -- and a few of their relatives -- who were in Carter's unit in WW2. For various reasons, such as age, this is sometimes not as helpful as one might suppose. Nevertheless, I've had some good results. I have info and photos re.some
    of Carter's " C " Co. buddies, some of which other people likely have as well. Research is important; some time ago, I identified The Master Termite as John J. Parsons by comparing Carter's account of his date of death,
    (25 Dec.,1943) to the dates on the 504 PIR casualty lists. This type of comparison is also helpful re. some of Carter's other buddies but, in most cases, is not quite as definite. Also, thanks to a kind relative, I now have photos of The Master Termite which I'm ( hopefully ) going to attach to this posting.

I would like to hear from anyone who has information, photos (especially with names; I have photos but most have no names ) of Carter's " C " Co., 504 PIR buddies who are mentioned in his book.

So, here's John J. Parsons," The Master Termite ".

Mike St.George
    Col.Reuben Tucker Chapter
    82nd. Abn. Div. Assn.
    [email protected]
    Attached Files

Here's a link to my own thread on the subject...

Devils in Baggy Pants Thread
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X