Naval Warfare Subforum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cst784 View Post
    Funny you say that Mario, I had thought you had disappeared from the forum for a while and was kind of bummed. Turns out you had been in the political section and I stopped go in there. Anyhow, I like the idea of broadening the naval subforum idea. I would love to learn more about naval warfare from the earlier eras of history.
    Every once in a while I haunt the political forums Bill, if nothing else to be one of the few dissenting voices there. I can only last for so long in those forums though; too many of those boys are simply unable to disagree in a civil manner.
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Can't wait to start posting about ancient naval warfare...there are plenty of often overlooked sea battles that took place in the ancient period...this is going to be very good for ACG, IMO.
      Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Update!

Just wanted all our maties know that this is very much NOT something that is on the back burner or even forgotten...

The Staff discussion is ongoing & there are many things which must be considered - we must do this right & proper...

But the Naval community will have its 'harbor' within this historical Military community!

Enh henh henh henh... Can you say Y'ARR???

Last edited by Admiral; 15 Nov 09, 12:09.
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          Update!

Just wanted all our maties know that this is very much NOT something that is on the back burner or even forgotten...

The Staff discussion is ongoing & there are many things which must be considered - we must do this right & proper...

But the Naval community will have its 'harbor' within this historical Military community!

Enh henh henh henh... Can you say Y'ARR???

This is truely great news and I for one look forward to this. Thanks in advance to all the staff who are working to make this happen for us.
          Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Good stuff, thanks for the heads up!

Does this mean more of TTTSNBN?
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
              Good stuff, thanks for the heads up!

Does this mean more of TTTSNBN?
              No.
              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

what's his name, Tripod?

ARRRR! Good on yer, mates...ummm...where'd ya git the three legged dog? Does he tip over when he has to pee?
                ARRRR!

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by bass_man86 View Post
                  Every once in a while I haunt the political forums Bill, if nothing else to be one of the few dissenting voices there. I can only last for so long in those forums though; too many of those boys are simply unable to disagree in a civil manner.
                  Yes indeed. Welcome to the world of online forums.

Countertrolling is where it's at. See my blog for details. And goodbye if I get banned from the forums

Comment

Originally posted by AThousandYoung View Post
                    Yes indeed. Welcome to the world of online forums.

Countertrolling is where it's at. See my blog for details. And goodbye if I get banned from the forums
                    Is that why you've been posting more prolifically?
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                      After reading the posts in this thread, I support the concept of a new Naval Sub forum.
                      I can feel Bob's enthusiasm, and it pumps me up.
                      I like sailors and ships, always have.
                      I was able to get the barracks and the mess hall,and I know how fun it can be.
                      The barracks is a warm and friendly forum for members to get together, and discuss all sorts of things.
                      Speaking of the barracks and the mess hall, I'll keep the mess hall open late, if you guys would like to have your chat in there.
                      I'll see if me and Cap Teancum can come up with something special just for you!
                      Happy Holidays.

Last edited by Slug; 15 Nov 09, 19:49.
                      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by cst784 View Post
                        This is truely great news and I for one look forward to this. Thanks in advance to all the staff who are working to make this happen for us.
                        Yes indeed. Looking foward eagerly!
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                          Is that why you've been posting more prolifically?
                          No, actually, I'm using a trolling technique where you say something obnoxious and thought provoking and then flee like a coward while other people rant.

Then, someday, I'll go look and see what happened with that thread.

Comment

ATY... since you've already stated your intent to troll here - at least twice - & on your blog, to boot...

Well... lets just say that 'petty threats' - on your part - are meaningless...

No warnings will be forthcoming for your efforts if you persist!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Right on!

:P

I'm scared to see what happened with that thread, though it seems people are more sympathetic than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                                No.
                                Don't be so sure.....
                                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X