Perhaps a dedicated survival forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps a dedicated survival forum?

We would share info on the subject, as well as historical and personal stories of overcoming the odds.

Feedback?

Perhaps, given the current events and direction this country is being taken in, everyone should make basic preparations for the short term disaster that may be coming.

That should be preparations for several weeks of disruption of our food, water, and energy needs as a result of a coordinated terrorist attacks or pandemic, the massive panic and civil unrest that could follow, and the restrictions created by weeks of martial law that could result.

Everyone should have an emergency stock of food basics, water, fuel, medications, barter, and, I hate to say it, guns and ammo to discourage the crazies and gangs from attacking you and your family. This is also where a good neighborhood watch group benefits all.

You only have to look at the Hurricane Katrina disaster to see how people that were prepared or not prepared survived and how well recovery took place.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

That would be interesting. Perhaps a sub-forum...? Just not sure where it would go.
      Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Originally posted by sickpup View Post
        That would be interesting. Perhaps a sub-forum...? Just not sure where it would go.

Barracks Humor
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Perhaps, start a thread at the Barracks and see where it goes.

I have seen the shortage of gasoline, the overcharging for kerosene, the generator shortage, and other problems that occur after a severe ice storm in 76 knocked out power for weeks.

Another was the empty shelves where there was drinking water when severe storms knocked out power in rural areas. (Pumps wouldn't work out there in the wells.) Imagine the panic if the municipal water supply is rendered useless for weeks due to sabotage or major failure at the water works. (Saginaw system was forced to use their diesel generators when a tornado knocked out the primary and secondary power lines and damaged the main pumping station as well.)
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100897/ebo...anger-Handbook

Comment

I'm thinking of the survival forum more along the line of an upcoming series called "The Colony" http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/colony.html

Topics that could be discussed range from surviving for a few weeks until civil order is restored up to a complete rebuild of civilization by the survivors of some major pandemic.

Location is really critical as far as being able to use the resources available. So are the numbers of survivors left after a worldwide cataclysmic event.

The Discovery series setting is probably one of the worst locations for long term survival.
              “Breaking News,”

Comment

I am not quite sure what you mean, but I thought that this was a good site. http://www.survivalblog.com/
                In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
                - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X