New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum

Is there any chance that we could have a currant affairs in the British Isles forum.
    Wack tac mac hey.
    Regards.
    Grishnak.

It's simple;

England and Wales want to leave the EU.

Scotland and Northern Ireland don't.

Scotland is reviewing the independence question, while Westminster is saying we can't.

Nobody knows what's going on in Northern Ireland, even the people who live there.
    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Wrong,but a very brave an witty attempt.( out of 10.No
      Wack tac mac hey.
      Regards.
      Grishnak.

Comment

Wack tac mac hey.
        Regards.
        Grishnak.

Comment

Ever wonder why we need an upper case 9?
          Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
          Hyperwar, Whats New
          World War II Resources
          The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

no,dont start me.
            Wack tac mac hey.
            Regards.
            Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
              It's simple;

Scotland is reviewing the independence question, while Westminster is saying we can't.

Nobody knows what's going on in Northern Ireland, even the people who live there.
              I think the next couple of years will be VERY interesting.
              If the UK loses Scotland over Brexit, it deserves to.
              If Scotland wants to secede from the UK, this should happen.
              Could be a bold and bright new future for Scotland, I think.
              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

As the world's second most important polity the British Isles deserves its own forum.
                Wack tac mac hey.
                Regards.
                Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by grishnak View Post
                  As the world's second most important polity the British Isles deserves its own forum.
                  Or what's left of it.
                  Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Or what's left of it.
                    We will still cover the English.
                    Wack tac mac hey.
                    Regards.
                    Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by grishnak View Post
                      We will still cover the English.
                      Don't forget the Welsh.
                      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                        I think the next couple of years will be VERY interesting.
                        If the UK loses Scotland over Brexit, it deserves to.
                        If Scotland wants to secede from the UK, this should happen.
                        Could be a bold and bright new future for Scotland, I think.
                        There is, of course, only one way to find out.
                        It would be a leap in the dark for all concerned, despite what certain politicians say.
                        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                          Don't forget the Welsh.
                          They com before over and above the english.That is a given.
                          Wack tac mac hey.
                          Regards.
                          Grishnak.

Comment

It's simple;

I was born in England and can see why England wants to leave the EU in the short term.

OTOH, it is clear why N Ireland wants to stay in Europe. Eire is in Europe, and do both parties really want more border controls etc etc, after everything else was turning precipitately uphill.

As for Wales, I live here, am part of the community, and much of the funding for improving the infrastructure was from the EU. I really have no idea why the Welsh wanted to leave. Nor did many of the locals. I suspect it was because the huge rural community thought it would mean less red tape. Unfortunately England loves RT.

Scotland is more complicated. Unlike England and Wales, there has always been a real geographical divide between the two countries, which the Romans used to their advantage with Hadrian's Wall. It is this geographical and cultural divide that really differentiates modern Scotland and England.

It should be noted that Scottish Law and English Law is sometimes different, and in every case I've noticed the outcome, Scottish Law appears superior.
                            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Working...
                            X