Election Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Coverage

Could we create a Election sub-forum in North America forum? It's just absurd to start a new thread every time something silly is mentioned.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Could we create a Election sub-forum in North America forum? It's just absurd to start a new thread every time something silly is mentioned.

I'm afraid that from the viewpoint of a non US voter "something silly" gets mentioned all the time -even between elections and from the viewpoint of someone who could become collateral damage in the instance of economic to nuclear exchanges - silly things are important - even if it is to know when it l looks like time to to dig out the old Anderson shelter. I can remember in my last year at school in 1962 when we were all on tenterhooks as to whether Khrushchev backed down or the nuclear missiles stared incoming sitting in the library looking out of the window at a manhole cover that I happened to know led to an engineering station about 40 feet down and wondering if I could make it in four minutes (which was all the time we would have had before the ICBMs arrived) whilst cursing a much lauded US President for the incompetence that had got us into this situation.

So it does matter to us over here who gets elected and how big an incompetent A-hole they are - and boy the competition is fierce this year. So if there is anyway this does not get buried away in the North America forum and become an intolerant bigoted insult hurling competition this would, I think. be welcome.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Please, it's worse than blind gladiators, watching the supporters of two equally despicable candidates trying to drag their opponents through the gutter.
      Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
        Please, it's worse than blind gladiators, watching the supporters of two equally despicable candidates trying to drag their opponents through the gutter.
        She deserves it!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Yes please. I'm tired of politics cluttering up my new post screen.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            Yes please. I'm tired of politics cluttering up my new post screen.
            Pffft...if they haven't done it by now, it ain't gonna happen.
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

A great idea imho.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Whaaaaattt? But, something silly gets mentioned here almost every second.

JK, JK, a good idea as then we could avoid having to read all that pap that gets smeared around.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X