Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORUM TIP: New Posts & User CP - a great way to experience the forums!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUM TIP: New Posts & User CP - a great way to experience the forums!

Please to follow this course & all previous forum threads will reveal themselves to you.

Quick Links (On the top bar) > Edit Options > Thread Display Options (3rd pane down) > Default Thread Age Cut Off > Show All Threads (Set it to this & it will open up the entire vault in all forums)

I recommend this setting to any & all that visit Armchair General.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Admiral; 18 Nov 07, 13:37.
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
    Please to follow this course & all previous forum threads will reveal themselves to you.

Quick Links (On the top bar) > Edit Options > Thread Display Options (3rd pane down) > Default Thread Age Cut Off > Show All Threads (Set it to this & it will open up the entire vault in all forums)

I recommend this setting to any & all that visit Armchair General.

Enjoy!

Thanks for ze tip, Admiral.

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicCrusade View Post
      Thanks for ze tip, Admiral.
      Ditto for me too!.
      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Hear Ye, Hear Ye... [announcement system]

Though there is not always one to be found - we generally use it for significant events, changes, announcements - I would like to draw attention to our Announcement system that is occasionally put to use & found on any or all relevant Forum pages within these hallowed halls.

Usually when one is found, with its flashing icon at the top of a page, it is well worth investigating... it may contain information of coming or existing changes, notification of significant happenings, maybe even just a general message that may be of interest or actual value to all members in some fashion.

Keep an eye out for it & please be not shy to investigate...

You never know what you might find!

Nor when you might find it!

Last edited by Admiral; 19 Jul 08, 09:43.
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Excellent work. Great idea.
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

I think this is the way that one of the admins (I think Admiral) told me how to do it

First go into options and scroll down to Thread Display Options and set the default thread age cut off to Show all Threads

"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Maybe it's about time to bump this!

Enjoy!

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

FORUM TIP: New Posts & User CP - a great way to experience the forums!

Maybe this is a good time to splain the easiest manner of seeing every post made since your last visit.

Click on New Posts... There you will see (up to) the last 200 posts made within ACG Forums - unless you click on Quick Links > Mark Forums Read, which I do after I have seen all that I am interested in.

If you have your preferences set to automatically subscribe to any thread in which you post, you will see this () symbol on that thread. If you click on this () symbol, it will take you to the last place you left off in that thread. If you click on this () symbol, it will take you to the very last post in that thread.

Also, if you have your preferences set to automatically subscribe to any thread in which you post, ALL of such threads which contain New Posts will show up in your User CP & the & do the same things as they do in New Posts (I make sure my subscribed threads do not issue an e-mail when there are new posts - which is also an option.)

Usually check my User CP 1st, then New Posts & then Quick Links > Mark Forums Read such as to clear the decks until my next pass through. Of note: If you don't Mark Forums Read, you will still see a divider that tells you where things were when you left, so the 'MFR' feature isn't really all that much required.

Check it out! I suspect many of you will find this to be the far easiest way of saving time & still seeing all that has transpired since your last visit. Then you are free to just wander around checking out everything else that is not currently active, but still greatly of interest.

And for that, I advise all to visit this thread such as to open up ALL threads here, instead of those shown by forum default - which doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all here in the ACG forums.

Last edited by Admiral; 23 Apr 10, 13:05.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CreepyHollow

Excellent and Awesome work! I'm looking forward to see some announcement.
                    This thread is ancient... Have their been no announcements? Ever?
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Brilliant! :d
                      "Television brought the brutality of war into the comfort of the living room. Vietnam was lost in the living rooms of America--not on the battlefields of Vietnam."

--Marshall McLuhan, 1975

Comment

Thanks! That helps alot!

Comment

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Many thanks Admiral. Real good tip.
                            "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                            - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X