Three Requests for the Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Requests for the Forums

So, three simple requests I thought I would bring up in the hopes someone might consider them. At the moment I have seen plenty of other forums and feel that the ACG forums could make a few minor changes to really allow some more customization options to let us express some more individuality.

1) More Characters Allowed in the Signature Box
    Self explanatory. At the moment it is just too short in my humble opinion. I would like to be able to have the whole couple o' lines I currently have in my signature without having to use the BB code to fit it all. It's not that much and would make it easier to fit stuff in ones signature. As it is now you can barely fit anything in there. We don't need 2000 characters, but more than 250 would be great. How about 500 characters? I mean 500 or 700 letters is not that much.

2) Customized Rank Titles
    This is something I have been hoping for for a long time now. I can understand keeping it military themed, but I would love the ability to put in a Custom title there just for more individuality. I mean I have been a General of the Forums for years now! I would like to have something different there! Please!

We could have the ability to customize it based on rank if we wanted to; say once you reach an officers rank you can change your own title. Or if the Admins wanted I would love to go in and provide different names/symbols for different choices in rank. For instance, one could decide to use Commonwealth ranks instead (so I would be a Field Marshall), or say use German ranks, or Navy ranks! Just something different please!

3) Images in Signatures
    Now this one is a bit of a stretch, but I would love to have the ability to put in a Signature bar into our signatures. It would be an image of a certain maximum dimension and size like the avatars, something like 100 pixels high by 500 pixels wide, that could then be customized by the user. This would be another great way to let the people really express themselves, and with the limited dimensions we wouldn't need to worry about people causing untold levels of lag or anything of that nature.
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    23.81%
    Maybe
    42.86%

You remind me of an old song.

Do you really think most of us waste time reading others sigunatures.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I like #2 especially
      45B10 1986-91

Comment

Agree on customised rank. Not everyone wants to be a "ground pounder". Some of us aspire to being a Group Captain, or even an Air Marshall.
        "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
        "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
        — Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post
          Agree on customised rank. Not everyone wants to be a "ground pounder". Some of us aspire to being a Group Captain, or even an Air Marshall.
          or Commissar.

Comment

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
            or Commissar.
            It would be extremely helpful that barbarians such as Skoblinius could clearly see my rank as "Emperor of Rome".
            Last edited by Salinator; 28 Mar 10, 01:36.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              It would be extremely helpful that barbarians such as Skoblinius could clearly see my rank a "Emperor of Rome".
              The Tungrii council is pleased to send the Emperor more leeches to fight the plague.

Skoblinus.

Comment

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                The Tungrii council is pleased to send the Emperor more leeches to fight the plague.

Skoblinus.
                Thank you. Now that the Emperor knows that Skoblinius is not only a gifted assassin, but is also a spokesperson for the the King of the brave Tungrii. After that embarrassing episode over the gift of fish, Rome shall be honored to receive leeches in exchange for the Empire's finest fermented fish.

Salinatorius of Rome
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

SO!!!!!!

The NO's have won..
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I can see it now. We will have a whole pantheon of God's and more Generalissimos than a Latin American junta.

-General Field Marshall most exulted with Mandate of Heaven, Empress Huyen

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                      I can see it now. We will have a whole pantheon of God's and more Generalissimos than a Latin American junta.

I likes that! I nominate that Huyen be given that title now!
                      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                        I likes that! I nominate that Huyen be given that title now!
                        Seconded!

Comment

I was planning on starting out as "Henchman" or "Sidekick" or, if I really stretch, "Igor". Have I set my sights too low?

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
                            I was planning on starting out "Igor". Have I set my sights too low?

Comment

The last thing we need are vanity plates in the forum. Just my two cents.

skoblin
                              Commissar for Political Education and Enlightenment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X